Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Music in Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,112

Music in Death Valley

Sep 30, 2014, 3:48 PM

First of all, I am a Die Hard Clemson fan! Is it me or does the stadium music coordination not plain suck in Death Valley. It seems to be none at all or very late, as in 8 seconds before the snap when then it has to be shut down. It needs more, more , more! It would rock so much more if I was in control. Where do I apply?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Music in Death Valley

Sep 30, 2014, 3:51 PM

It takes a long time for DJ Howard to run up to the booth. I kinda feel bad for him since the amateurism rules mean he doesn't get paid for the DJ job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gets there quicker than DJ Reader***

Sep 30, 2014, 6:06 PM

Sep 30, 2014, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Music in Death Valley ]

Nothing gets the fans and the players fired up like some Taylor Swift. Whoever is in charge of the music needs to be replaced

Sep 30, 2014, 4:45 PM

We could get a DJ like the Lousiville.

Sep 30, 2014, 4:46 PM

We could get a rooster crowing like the dang dirt peckers.

All in all, we don't have it too bad considering.

Sep 30, 2014, 7:59 PM

Every time that awful sound in cootville's stadium goes off it just sounds so redneck. I feel like there should be junk cars laying around, a couple of 55 gal drums burning trash, a few broken toilets beside 9 broke bicycles. I'll just never understand why anybody would be so proud to hear that junk sound off on a regular basis to represent a football team, or any kind of team.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:51 PM

I have always wondered how the Coots get by with using a fighting rooster for their mascot. Now, in the kinder, gentler, PC bullsh-it era; a fighting chicken is not politically correct. Where are the animal rights advocates when you need them?

Sep 30, 2014, 5:00 PM

I agree!! I have never seen the song Shout or Footloose pump up any football player....need some music to fire up the players and the crowd!!!

Sep 30, 2014, 10:12 PM

They played shout in the 4th QT of the UNC game.

And hearing the whistle blown into microphone was turrible.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy hearing the ref blow the whistle into the

Sep 30, 2014, 5:08 PM

sound system.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well, I guess I'd rather hear people complain about this

Sep 30, 2014, 6:01 PM

rather than a loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We need more AC/DC .....

Sep 30, 2014, 8:02 PM

do like that "Roof" song or whatever its called though ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are going to play what young people want to hear...

Sep 30, 2014, 10:09 PM

and AC/DC were already middle aged when the current crop of Clemson students were born. Just saying, times move on and some young people probably haven't heard a lot of AC/DC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 11:27 PM

I'll throw in my 2 cents here... I was at the Georiga game in athens this year and they had amazing timing with everything. Big bass rap songs coming in for a big third down on defense right after the 2nd down play was over (how our team could even hear on the field I'll never know), and they had awesome video packages of their team practicing with great sound mixing that hyped the crowd up a ton.

Also, on EVERY defensive third down their PA guy would say (assume the ball was on our own 10)- "the line of scrimmage is the Clemson 10 yard line, IT'S THIRD DOWN FOR THE DAWGS!!!" and holy #### would people yell for that...

Anyway, I loved all of these in game pump ups and would love to see better music timing and such with us, but Death Valley is still the best! If anyone else was at the game in Athens hopefully they can back up what I'm getting at

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 11:29 PM

oh and on every offensive first down the PA guy would yell through the stadium (say on a 15 yard play)- "that's a gain of 15 yards, FIRST DOWN GEORRGGIIIAAAA!!!!"

it got the crowd way more into it than dale gilbert does, usually he just gives a "a gain of ten on the play, that's a first down for the tigers"

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,112
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic