Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does State stand up all 11 defenders close to the line and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Does State stand up all 11 defenders close to the line and

Sep 30, 2014, 1:10 PM

make Watson and our offensive line guess who is coming? Saw that from Kansas City last night. It would be worth a try given what happened with the Tarhell plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State has a more experienced secondary.....

Sep 30, 2014, 1:14 PM

so my guess is they'll play more two-deep rather than selling-out to stop the run like UNCheat did which should help open-up the running game for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Im guessing choice has a great game.***

Sep 30, 2014, 1:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

choice got a deep thigh bruise in UNC game

Sep 30, 2014, 5:37 PM

I wouldn't expect him to have a great game just yet

They would do that less to stop the run than to confuse the

Sep 30, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to State has a more experienced secondary..... ]

quarterback and offensive line about where the pressure is coming from and who is dropping into coverage in hopes of getting some shots on him and forcing him into mistakes and turnovers. I could see them ignoring our running backs as a threat and focusing almost entirely on confusing Watson and our oline.

Whatever they do, I doubt it is as easy for him as it was last Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They played alot of man coverage against FSU***

Sep 30, 2014, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Does State stand up all 11 defenders close to the line and

Sep 30, 2014, 1:48 PM

Watching Kansas City is crazy because they try to do the same thing against Denver every year as they have when they've beaten Brady and Aaron Rodgers in the past in terms of bringing rushers from different directions.

I think the matchups are at the receiver position. I think teams like KC are able to succeed with the pass rush against teams with receivers that either can't beat press or aren't quick on the underneath routes. Denver has a little of both which is why I think this matchup doesn't work against them.

So the question becomes, if someone does this against us, do we have the receivers who are strong enough to get off the press and get open? Do we have the guy who can get underneath and get the opportunistic catch? That's something we haven't seen with this group yet.

2 of our top 3 receivers aren't very big. Mike Williams

Sep 30, 2014, 1:54 PM

might be able to, but Scott and Hopper maybe not.

Throw in an underperforming tight end group and no pass receiving threat out of the backfield and we may have a tough time this game.

Re: Does State stand up all 11 defenders close to the line and

Sep 30, 2014, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Does State stand up all 11 defenders close to the line and ]

thanks vince Lombardi! if that second shift job ever goes south you may be able to hook up with wccp, you would fit right in. by the way, standing up d lineman has nothing to do with the secondary and its coverage. and how many linebackers don't stand up? but please keep up the much needed information.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic