Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crowder
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,132

Crowder

Sep 30, 2014, 11:31 AM

Does anyone in the know have a clue why this guy is not on the two deep. He was highly touted coming out of HS and with the line being an area of concern you would think he could at least make the two deep. I remember reading that him and pagano had some battles but I guess our coaches feel like he is not ready.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clam***

Sep 30, 2014, 11:31 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Not another publix incident, I hope....***

Sep 30, 2014, 11:32 AM

Re: Crowder

Sep 30, 2014, 11:37 AM

I just read where Dabo said he had a bright future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have had more than our share of highly touted OL that

Sep 30, 2014, 11:39 AM

for one reason or another have not panned out. I certainly hope that trend changes within the next year or two.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:42 AM

He is a red shirt freshman, who also has the highest squat number on the team. It will be a matter of time, but I am going to guess that the guy in front of him is slightly better at this point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read, in better condition

Sep 30, 2014, 12:45 PM

Crowder came it at around 400 pounds, he's lost some weight, but I'm guessing he isn't quite ready to run up and down the field yet.

Yep, very rare for OL to contribute before their 3rd year

Sep 30, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowder ]

as RS sophomores.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 11:45 AM

My understanding is that he is solid in the run game, but way behind in pass protection. I've read in the boards where people suggest they bring him in for run or short yardage plays, but it's really rare that coaches substitute offensive lineman like that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 11:50 AM

Our problems are more with tackle depth. We have depth at Guard now that Beasley is back. That's why we moved Davis (A Guard) to Tackle. I think Crowder is in the 2 deep at Guard now with Webster, Beasley, Mac and him as the top 4 guards with Davis at Tackle.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:56 AM

OL is hard to talk about the depth chart because they are all cross trained. I think for the UNC game Clemson listed five players for the four T/G positions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,132
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic