Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
modifying the national anthem to your school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,025

modifying the national anthem to your school

Sep 30, 2014, 7:48 AM

Acceptable or not?

Every other year the north Carolina version of the gamecocks come to death valley and butcher the national anthem. ..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm still trying to figure out if it's ok for VT to run down the hill***

Sep 30, 2014, 7:56 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

ah... one of the greatest fiascos in tnet history***

Sep 30, 2014, 8:28 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Courtesy of soccerkrzy®***

Sep 30, 2014, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

bad form - this is off limits

Sep 30, 2014, 8:20 AM

words of the Nat Anthem should never be hacked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was younger, I thought the Braves did just that.

Sep 30, 2014, 8:20 AM

Home of the Braves

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do they butcher it, exactly? Serious question

Sep 30, 2014, 9:48 AM

I honestly do not know. Someone behind me was adding some interjections during the singing, but it was just one person and I thought maybe they were just being a little overenthusiastic. But this is a common thing at UNC? I know at NC State they love to emphasize "red" in "rockets' red glare" but that's not changing the words, just the cadence.

They shout "wolfpack" instead of "brave"***

Sep 30, 2014, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

That's NCSU; i thought original post was about UNC

Sep 30, 2014, 9:58 AM

However I also did not realize that NCSU changed the last word to wolfpack. A quick google search indicates it's sporadic and not widespread, but has been a problem for at least the last 10 years.

unC is not the gameCoks of north Carolina

Sep 30, 2014, 11:58 AM

There are fine and reputable schools in north Carolina that north Carolina kids apply to.

There is also ncstate for the ones who get rejection letters from those schools.

Ergo. .ncstate is the coot u of the nc. I was going to call them trailer trash but didn't want to offend trailer trash.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: unC is not the gameCoks of north Carolina

Oct 1, 2014, 1:15 AM

my misunderstanding then...carry on :)

To me, modifying it is a no-no, but shouting a word in it is

Sep 30, 2014, 9:56 AM

ok in my book. Like Orioles fans shout "O", others shout "red" for their team. But changing "home of the brave" to "home of the wolfpack" is bad to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Why cant it just be played like it is supposed to ?

Sep 30, 2014, 11:00 AM

And thank somebody for defending the flag you are looking at when the song is OVER?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,025
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic