Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How to make the ACC the best conference in college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

How to make the ACC the best conference in college football

Sep 30, 2014, 1:16 AM

http://www.brightball.com/sports/make-the-acc-the-best-conference-in-football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Lol....I sorta quit reading the article when

Sep 30, 2014, 1:39 AM

I saw they proposed one of the 4 team divisions contain:
Clemson
FlaSt
Miami
GaTech.

That division would be mighty tough most years, and the rest of the other 3 divisions would be puff pastry

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that kinda finished me off too.

Sep 30, 2014, 4:13 AM

The concept is pretty solid and if done correctly I believe it could produce a playoff type model within the conference. Each pod would produce a champ which would play the other pods in a final four type schedule.

ESPiN wouldn't allow for that to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it

Sep 30, 2014, 1:42 AM

A good way to handle the logistics of the conference playoff, imo,
would be to have those games at a neutral site.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How to make the ACC the best conference in college football

Sep 30, 2014, 1:43 AM

4 divisions, with ND all in and Texas added.

Sep 30, 2014, 1:55 AM

Burn it down and start rebuilding it from the very top to the very bottom....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're adding yankees, might as well

Sep 30, 2014, 2:08 AM

drop WF and BC, and add Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State once the little ten realizes it won't survive. That'll be a much stronger 16 team conference. Then the Big 12 can take the scraps (Nebraska, kiddy rapers, Iowa, Illinois and some teams from the Sun Belt or C-USA and get to 16) and eventually we could get to 4 conferences making up the best 64 teams in college football.

That's easy!

Sep 30, 2014, 5:41 AM

Sign the biggest contract with espn....

Duhhhhhhh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the Big 5 leagues having voted themselves autonomy,

Sep 30, 2014, 7:26 AM

I think the division of megaleagues into 4-team "pods" is going to happen very soon. I have long been in favor of this idea and I hope the ACC takes a very serious look at it. I have no idea if we could talk Notre Dame into it or not (probably not) but you never know, especially if they face a very real possibility of being frozen out of the system once the ACC reaches 16 football members.

As for who to make 15 and 16 if ND balks, unfortunately there's only 2 real options left, and that's UConn and Cincinnati. Maybe WVU. Pretty slim pickings. I suppose we could talk about wooing Penn State, but I think the likelihood of that happening with the additions of MD and Rutgers to the B1G have decreased significantly.

Sep 30, 2014, 7:34 AM

Wouldn't make us the best conference just the best system. Steps need to be made with the bottom teams to improve them, wake prob needs to go. Come Penn State and uconn interchangible. The acc should never offer uconn. Basketball school period. UCF would be a better option

Umm, can we be in the N Atl division?***

Sep 30, 2014, 7:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 30, 2014, 8:00 AM

I think this is a very good plan. With a few tweeks it might work. If Miami rises again, then FSU, Clemson, Miami and GT will all be in one sub-division. That's unfair and leaves the other sub-divisions too easy and doesn't insure the best 2 teams to play for the conference championship.

they have to make the ACC fans care about football first

Sep 30, 2014, 8:16 AM

basketball fans will always prioritize basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like The Concept But The Team Alignments Are Bad

Sep 30, 2014, 8:58 AM

Clemson in The Same Division as FSU, Miami and GA Tech is crazy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lose 4 northern or small teams, everyone play every one in

Sep 30, 2014, 9:17 AM

the conference, get a freaking good TV deal, drop Raycom, etc. etc. etc.

Re: Lose 4 northern or small teams, everyone play every one in

Sep 30, 2014, 9:38 AM

2-5 team divisions--play 9--all teams in both divisions, 1 major OCG, 1 rival OOC. Then play off 2 top division leaders or if not worthy then play off 2 best teams (even if it is a re-match).

Miami
Clemson
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Louisville

Florida State
Georgia Tech
NC State
Duke
Virginia

Radical idea - go back to 9 teams

Sep 30, 2014, 10:47 AM

I think that the advent of the Final Four is going to put pressure on conferences to eliminate their championship game. It's just one more chance for a Final-Four-Worthy team to lose and get knocked out of the race. Financially, having a conference championship game might end up costing a conference more revenue than it's worth.

I'd love to get back to a manageable-sized ACC, where you can play everybody each season. I'd say we go to:

Clemson, FSU, GT, Miami, VT, NCSU, UNC, VT, [one last slot that the remaining losers can bid for].

Yeah I know it's a pipe dream but it would be great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the ACC goes to 16 I think WVU is one of them***

Sep 30, 2014, 11:18 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic