Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Win - Questions on Explosiveness & Special Teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,157

Great Win - Questions on Explosiveness & Special Teams

Sep 29, 2014, 10:32 PM

Enjoyed a front row seat to Tiger win on Saturday. A masterpiece coming-out party for Deshaun. Lots of touch and composure demonstrated throughout the game. Williams, Hopper and especially Artavis showed serious explosiveness. Our future is in good hands at QB and WR.

Much less explosiveness evident at RB and special teams. Fortunately, the high swirling punt Humphries dropped on 25 yd line early in 1st qtr bounced out of bounds. Humphries ran back one impressive return approx. 13 yards - beyond that, it was all fair catches. That may be the game plan, but what are the chances we see some of our most explosive players returning punts this year? In our running game, DJ was given most of the carries and could not find the holes. Dabo seemed to chastise himself after the game for not giving Gallman more carries. Any thoughts on where TIger running game is headed as we enter the mid-section of 2014 season?

How many of Deshaun's deep completions were on audibles or reads? Very impressive debut!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we aren't going to return punts I;d like to see us block

Sep 29, 2014, 10:38 PM

a few.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AS for punt returns

Sep 29, 2014, 10:48 PM

I'm not going to argue Humphries is the most dynamic returner, but I can't think of many chances for a return that we've had over the past few years. Maybe 1 a game or so, but it's almost as if our scheme just doesn't give us a chance to return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Humphries does not lack guts

Sep 29, 2014, 10:56 PM

I saw him run one punt back right in front of me ... right by defenders at full sprint. Scary collision potential.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great Win - Questions on Explosiveness & Special Teams

Sep 29, 2014, 11:49 PM

Coaches have said over and over they prefer no turn overs in the return game give it to the offense and let them score. If you have a good punt returner the opponent will just use a rugby kick to negate the advantage.

We have very little talent at RB on this team the two best backs are out with injuries. In the 4 games we've played our backs would only make the four deep on sc st.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,157
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic