Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for you guys...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 634

Question for you guys...

Sep 23, 2014, 5:11 PM

We often seem to pull defeat from the jaws of victory, namely, against quality teams with equal talent. That's pretty well stating the obvious. Granted, we now beat who we are supposed to under Dabo, but, dating back over the last 10 years can you think of a quality opponent we beat that gave the game to us over and over again with their own mistakes?

I can't think of a quality team that has beaten themselves against us with unforced mistakes etc. I consider my self as an objective as possible fan of my team. Can you guys ever remember us being as fortunate against a quality opponent in recent history?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Well, the Hat chose to

Sep 23, 2014, 5:13 PM

throw the ball three times in a row against us with little time on the clock in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, thus leaving time for us to come back and beat his ###.

Not sure if that's exactly what you are looking for, but hth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I think he was looking for more, not Les.***

Sep 23, 2014, 5:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sorry bob.

Sep 23, 2014, 5:18 PM

I could only TU juan time.

But in my heart it was thousands.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: I think he was looking for more, not Les.***

Sep 23, 2014, 5:19 PM [ in reply to I think he was looking for more, not Les.*** ]

Lol, exactly Bob...

The last drive against LSU would come to mind, however, we throughly outplayed them and out gained them by 200 or more yards as I remember. So scratch that one. We outplayed them

Also, when making generalizations like this

Sep 23, 2014, 5:15 PM

please don't forget to also mention the wins against ranked teams when we've performed well late.

Seems those are forgotten a lot.

Just saying.

I know

Sep 23, 2014, 5:25 PM

it's only one mistake but Miller throwing his last pick right after we gave them the ball comes to mind. I'm sure OSU fans questioned their coaches for playing off Sammy and giving him the short pass/screen game all night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know

Sep 23, 2014, 5:29 PM

We out gained Ohio State by close to 200 yards...Thourogly outplayed buckeyes. Tajh threw 2 gift pics as well.

Re: Question for you guys...

Sep 23, 2014, 5:27 PM

Guess my point is, is luck purely luck, or is it created through coaching & mental toughness? Look at how many times USuCk has been outplayed over the last 3 years but still won. Just a very frustrating game Saturday where we squandered a great opportunity and most likely the ACC title..

Whatever you do

Sep 23, 2014, 5:30 PM

Don't say that Dabo isn't a great coach or that he isn't tough. Spiller and his friends will not like that.

You do raise some very good points, however.

Re: Whatever you do

Sep 23, 2014, 5:34 PM

I'm a fan of Dabo, he's taken us where we haven't been since Ford was here...Just can't think of a game where a quality opponent let us off the hook, like we often do...

if you don't think "luck" has a factor in ballgames, you

Sep 23, 2014, 5:39 PM

must not have listened to any head coaches that have won a national championship, super bowl, world series, or anything else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if you don't think "luck" has a factor in ballgames, you

Sep 23, 2014, 5:41 PM

Sgt, you missed my point, I inferred luck most DEFINITELY has a play in a successful, or especially, and undefeated season.

Question is, is it pure coincidence, or is it the result of mental toughness through coaching?

Really psycho?

Sep 23, 2014, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Whatever you do ]

I thawt we were past this.

If you want a reasonable debate about coaching, then I suggest you don't start that conversation with a post literally stating that Dabo is soft.

Just my 2 cents.

Replies: 13
| visibility 634
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic