Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson ranked #5 in ESPN's Bottom 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,618

Clemson ranked #5 in ESPN's Bottom 10

Sep 23, 2014, 2:08 PM

kinda wierd

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom10140923/teams-fight-urge-win-bottom-10

5. Clepson (1-2)
No, that's not a misspelling. That's a phonetic spelling. As a proud owner of an Upstate South Carolina high school diploma (Go Travelers Rest Devildogs!), I can tell you that occupant of the coveted No. 5 spot isn't pronounced with an "m" in the middle, it's with "p." So, I call it "Clepsoning." As I envision it, coach Dabo Swinney got back to his desk on Sunday and checked his voicemail. Beep. "Hey Dabo, Danny Ford here. I wanted to let you know that there's an old playbook of mine stuffed behind the file cabinet in your office. I know the pages are yellowed and the plays are 30 years old, but pretty much anything in there will work better than what you just tried. Thanks." Beep. You have no more messages.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets see, we are in the bottom 10 BUT

Sep 23, 2014, 2:13 PM

we took the #1 team in the nation to O/T ? Had the game in our hands and gave it away, these articles may be amusing but the writer has no business with football related articles.

This guy is some kind of dumb@ss !***

Sep 23, 2014, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This guy is some kind of dumb@ss !***

Sep 23, 2014, 3:59 PM

######, I really hate eSECpn, they as an organization hate them some Clemson. This sh!t boils my blood. Just as we are trying to move past a painful loss, some a$$hole trying to be funny at my schools expense. Go to H3LL!

Could I get a hard copy of that?

Sep 23, 2014, 2:17 PM

I've just took a 'proud owner,' and I need to wipe my ESPiN!

Thanks for checking the sewer and tracking the crap all over Tnet's carpet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is all BS - FSU knows we gave them......

Sep 23, 2014, 2:17 PM

the game - they didn't prevent us from winning. And who is this guy from Travelers Rest? Sounds like an idiot.

Do y'all smell that? Kind of smells like Columbia Farms.***

Sep 23, 2014, 2:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Do y'all smell that? Kind of smells like Columbia Farms.***

Sep 23, 2014, 2:25 PM

When you give games away in the manner in which we just did, people tend to make fun of you.

We were pummeling the #1, in their own house, and then slipped on a banana peel. Not once, but about six or eight times in the game.

Facepalm-inducing stuff. It's not often you see a team as obviously talented as ours obviously is give away a game in that fashion.

If this writer was going to do this for the sake of humor,

Sep 23, 2014, 2:22 PM

he could have at least come up with a better joke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Is the writer a Coot Journalism School Dropout?

Sep 23, 2014, 2:27 PM

Sounds like another cootish attempt to belittle Clemson.

This article just sucks.

Re: Clemson ranked #5 in ESPN's Bottom 10

Sep 23, 2014, 2:29 PM

It's sad but I have to agree with him. We blew it BIG TIME saturday and until we stop doing that we're going to have to learn to endure articles like this one.

I also like what he said about the SEC East:

The bad news? Vandy lost again. The good news? The Commodores are still in the hunt in the SEC East, which is in a "Talladega Nights" footrace with the ACC Coastal for the award of "Power 5 Conference Division Most Resembling a Plate of Spaghetti."

Lacks critical thinking skills...

Sep 23, 2014, 2:33 PM

Sad to see a "journalist" earn money without having critical thinking skills. Oh well, it's the new Amerika.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Scribe. You don't drop the "M" when you add the "P" ...

Sep 23, 2014, 3:46 PM

I lived in Clemp-Son for 43 years. I know how it's pronounced and how it's spelled phonetically.

It's not Clepson.

It's Clemp-Son ... as (totally) opposed to Clem-Zen.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,618
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic