Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSUing, South Carolining, Oregoning, Miaming, Michiganing, Nebraskaing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,154

LSUing, South Carolining, Oregoning, Miaming, Michiganing, Nebraskaing...

Sep 23, 2014, 12:03 PM

LSUing - having one of the 5 most talented teams in the nation, but unable to win a national title since 2007, since Les Miles continues to hire terrible offensive coordinators.

South Carolining - choking away a division title, that is handed to them on a silver platter, for 3 straight years.

Oregoning - being considered a national title contender every year, then choking away every November.

Miaming - recruit every year in the top 20, yet play like a middle of pack sun belt conference team.

Nebrasking - being an all time top 10 program, yet stay mired in mediocrity because the only coach you can attract is an egotistical hot head.

Michiganing - being all time top 10 program, with the inability to recruit the nations top level talent.

Georgiaing - having the talent to win a national title, but can't because the university refuses to rid it of its criminal culture.

USCing - having some of the nations best talent, but stay mired in mediocrity due to hiring mediocre coaches.

Floridaing - being below average with some of the nations best talent, due to the fact their coach doesn't understand the concept of the forward pass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is just college football and a lot of teams fall

Sep 23, 2014, 12:11 PM

into that category as you have pointed out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saw an article on ESPN that said

Sep 23, 2014, 12:12 PM

"if giving up a late lead is Clemsoning, then what do you cal Cal giving away a 31-13 4th quarter lead?"

Georgia is the MOST egregious of the list...

Sep 23, 2014, 12:14 PM

...given the talent in that state, being next to Florida for recruiting, given the high outlook given to them as an SEC team but haven't really accomplished the "great goals" since their 1980 MNC.

Clemson has a more recent MNC than Georgia.

As far as USuC...well, the are USuC and it's a given they don't amount to much given the high expections everyone has for this "SEC powerhouse".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's one of those things that ...

Sep 23, 2014, 12:17 PM

... that the media conjured up that, unfortunately has caught on and stuck.

And every time we make a positive move that threatens to make it disappear, we have a performance that makes it too easy for the term to be resurrected.

It's not fair, or even accurate, but it's a fact of life until we make it go away permanently.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and each time we rage against it, go full ahab, we give

Sep 23, 2014, 12:20 PM

those that promulgate it that much more reason to continue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe we can deflect attention away from it?

Sep 23, 2014, 12:23 PM

I pulled a GWP this morning?

I flushed a huge IBWG today?

I bob'ed my short par putt yesterday?

anything?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

i'm more afraid crump going to pull a crump on some soon...

Sep 23, 2014, 12:24 PM

they know who they are

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry but sat nights loss is no way to be compared for

Sep 23, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to It's one of those things that ... ]

why the Clemsoning term was phrased which is losing to an inferior opponent. By the way, the majority of college football teams do this every year and we have not the last 2 plus years. You could argue we should have beat USC last year and surely FSU on Sat night but neither opponent was inferior to us. Now we were very good at shooting our own feet completely off Saturday night but inferior opponent they were not as can be judged by the line on the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"they" don't care. you are now arguing the very definition

Sep 23, 2014, 12:26 PM

of something that has gone on since sports began; clemsoning aint' clemsoning anymore?

the media found the perfect fan base to hang it on.

absolutely, perfect.

I submit the following

Sep 23, 2014, 12:21 PM

Marylanding - accomplishing nothing on the football field for 25 years, then bolting for a new conference that you hope to be more competitive in, all while your trashy fans hurl insults, profanity and household goods at visiting fans
Notre Daming - Desperately hanging onto past glory, trying to preserve the individual TV contract while duping a major conference into extending you their big 5 benefits
Florida Stating - selling your soul and your reputation in order to stay among the elite in football

I Thought South Carolinaing Was Driving a Creepy Van to

Sep 23, 2014, 1:18 PM

Middle School Parking Lots and Parks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolinaing Was Driving a

Sep 23, 2014, 1:39 PM

rusting primered '82 "Maro missing a T-top, three center caps, grille, half the rear deck spoiler while wearing a tank top, jorts, a mullet, a wrinkled pack of Muleboros behind his autographed Steve Spurrier Memorial Thrown Visor #837 of 15,000, drinking a PBR in a Budweiser coozie, and playing "Sandstorm" on his car stereo that has 13 of his/her eighteen speakers broken...

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make that 16 of 18....

Re: LSUing, South Carolining, Oregoning, Miaming, Michiganing, Nebraskaing...

Sep 23, 2014, 1:33 PM

"Clemsoning" used to mean losing in spectacular fashion on national TV to a good opponent after being considered evenly matched. Losing a game after having a late lead . . . well, that's SC-ing. Does anyone remember the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s when SC was famous for this? Georgia had the implanted horseshoe against SC back then. How many times did SC fumble in the red zone during what would otherwise have been a game winning drive? One guy was taking his final step toward the goal line, as I recall, when he just dropped the ball. Pollack intercepted a pass that never got into the air and UGA won (2002?).

Losing late in creative ways is SC's calling card, not Clemson's.

Re: LSUing, South Carolining, Oregoning, Miaming, Michiganing, Nebraskaing...

Sep 23, 2014, 1:44 PM

I like the Miami one the best. So true, LOL. They are a joke.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic