Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think us fans are upset because we feel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,528

I think us fans are upset because we feel

Sep 22, 2014, 11:45 PM

Like we were lied too. Some many of us trust what the coaches say and take it as the truth. During fall camp we were told howard was having this best camp. I could not believe this went on here and questioned it and people tore me a new one. Trust the coaches. Well the season started and everyone saw the same dj howard starting the game bringing nothing to the table. The staff realized this and sat him. Then in the first game waston looked awesome and cole struggled. Then the coaches come out and say cole give us are best chance to win. Well you see they didn't believe that either. I almost feel this coaching staff feels to much for the player. Dabo did everything he could to reward seniors even to the point of hurting the team. Coaches need to play the best player not who deserves it. SOS like him or not doesn't care who plays he plays the best. I can't believe dabo coming out and saying how bad he feels for cole. Cole should have lost the job during uga game. That secondary is terrible and he could not do anything against it. On the bright side I'm excited about this team now and it potential. Now that waston is getting all the first team reps and the game plan being built for his skills watch out. Just hate that it took 2.5 games to let the senior down instead of fall camp where should have been found out. The one advantage we have as fans is we do not care who plays just want the best player out there. Most of us don't know these guys personal we love anyone wearing a clemson uniform and making plays. Our staff however does and the number 1 weakness I see in dabo as a coach right now is that he doesn't like to fire players or coaches..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they lied at all.

Sep 22, 2014, 11:49 PM

And they certainly don't owe you anything anyways.

What's crazy about letting your Senior play the first few games over the Freshman, and giving him a leash before pulling him? I don't see anything wrong with that at all. They gave Cole a chance, Watson outplayed him, and now they've made him the starter.

Also, Rob Spence, Kevin Steele and Billy Napier would disagree with your last statement.

Re: I don't think they lied at all.

Sep 22, 2014, 11:53 PM

One name Danny pearman

So you have one name to try and argue against three?

Sep 22, 2014, 11:54 PM

I'm sure Dabo will evaluate the staff and make the decision he needs to at the end of the season.

And seek answers from internet boards.***

Sep 23, 2014, 12:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think they lied at all. ]

It's like sitting sammy over byrant McNeal it's crazy. And yes the coaches do owe me and all the fans. Clemson football is nothing without the fans. If the fans give up on a coach or a team that's the end of it..

Sep 23, 2014, 12:00 AM

I may give up on a coach, but will never give up on our team, never!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seek counseling.

Sep 22, 2014, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lied to? Boo Hoo.***

Sep 22, 2014, 11:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dare Dabo feel badly for his player hurting!

Sep 23, 2014, 12:01 AM

You stated: "I can't believe dabo coming out and saying how bad he feels for cole."

God gracious, get a grip. Dabo sees his players as family. I am thankful he does. Of course you hurt for your "son" when he is disappointed.

We don't have Spurrier at the helm with a "what have you done for me lately?" attitude. Produce or get kicked to the curb.

Dabo doesn't throw his young men under the bus. He wants them all to succeed and hurts when they do not.

Shame on you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How dare Dabo feel badly for his player hurting!

Sep 23, 2014, 12:10 AM

Saying the statement leads me to believe that he used emotions on how he feels about cole rather than logic what he is seeing with his eyes. Him being like that with his players has sure helped recruiting but I feel it hurts the team when camp starts. This is a business and a big business at that. If we wanna win big then tuff decisions have to be made. Decisions that are not fun for anyone. We heard rumblings that Chad wanted waston but dabo over ruled him. I think Chad prob knows a little more about our qbs than dabo.

I think "lied to" is a little strong, my Friend. Football is

Sep 23, 2014, 5:38 AM

an ongoing process, much like preparing a meal.

You first go fetch the ingredients, then start the prepping. Sometimes during the process you may have to change or add an ingredient or two, maybe even set aside one. Then you crank up the stove and start cooking.

The chef has to tend to the stove during the process, stirring, adding a dash of this and that, while avoiding over-cooking. One-by-one each course is prepared with high hopes for perfect results.

Then comes showtime...the guest test. Sometimes the results are perfect; sometimes not so much; occasionally, the party is pooped. Shy of perfection, the chef then has to try to figure out what changes need to be made in the next go-round. And so it continues....

Were our coaches able to forsee the future, then we'd have no problems. But there hasn't been one in the business since the invention of the game. Thus, their work - like the chef's - is an ongoing procession of development. The important measure is their ability to be able to determine which ingredients work in the recipes and which needs tweaking or tossing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good thing about Dabo is that he Encourages Players

Sep 23, 2014, 5:53 AM

to Excel in School. He should emphasis that separation to Players. Football is a business. The NFL is even more unforgiving than College. Put your heart in Learning to make it outside of Sports. This family thing only goes so far in Football. Dabo has to many losing seasons then he is out of the "Family". Just ask Tommy B about that

Huh?

Sep 23, 2014, 6:45 AM

Back to back to back 10 win seasons and he'll do what, when?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack

Sep 23, 2014, 8:17 AM [ in reply to A good thing about Dabo is that he Encourages Players ]

smh

Re: A good thing about Dabo is that he Encourages Players

Sep 23, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to A good thing about Dabo is that he Encourages Players ]

And Tommy never done what Dabo is doing if he had he would still be here.

Moron

The coaches told us Howard was the starter. Did he start?

Sep 23, 2014, 6:43 AM

They also told us no one had a contract on a position. Have you not found that to be true?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D J Howard has never been able to hold on to the ball!

Sep 23, 2014, 6:47 AM

NM

Oh Lord (rolling eyes) !!!!***

Sep 23, 2014, 8:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Pro Tip:

Sep 23, 2014, 8:16 AM

Paragraph breaks are your friends

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: I think us fans are upset because we feel

Sep 23, 2014, 8:20 AM

I think there was a little bit of "I'm the coach I know what's best" attitude in there. And rightfully so, if that's the case. But don't feed me #### and call it steak. It was obvious after one drive where Watson was just playing football, and Stoudt was trying to survive

Sep 23, 2014, 8:29 AM

Imisscj that's prefect that's how I feel and others. Think the coaches couldn't justify what they were doing so that just made up stuff. It is like they thought we wouldn't understand or even need to know

Cole gives us the best chance to win. Not
There is no qb battle. Lie
DJ is the starter. Well like someone said did he start No.

These coaches in a round about way work for the fans if the fans are not happy the coach will be gone. You don't lie or mislead your boss.

Sep 23, 2014, 8:26 AM

How did Cole struggle the first game?

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,528
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic