Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charone Peake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,338

Charone Peake

Sep 22, 2014, 9:37 PM

If he can stay healthy, I think he breaks out towards the end of the season. I still think the knee is slowing down his lateral movement. He's good in a straight line, but he's not planting hard and making people miss. That will come with some time and confidence. He will be devastating when 100% right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charone Peake

Sep 22, 2014, 9:41 PM

He's played very well and I haven't seen anything wrong with his knee

I haven't seen him make anyone miss

Sep 22, 2014, 9:46 PM

It takes a little while to get the confidence back in game time situation. I think he gets better mentally after a few more games. When you stick your foot in the ground and it feels like you knee explodes, it takes a little while for you to get comfortable sticking your foot in the ground at full speed again.

Re: I haven't seen him make anyone miss

Sep 22, 2014, 9:50 PM

I agree, Drew. Kid's going to be a big time play maker when he's 100%.

As someone who has had his knee explode non contact

Sep 22, 2014, 9:52 PM

Even when your back physically, you're not really back. It's life changing pain, and it sits in the back of your brain for a little while. You start running straight ahead when you would normally just cut hard and go by someone. It's the difference between a 12 yard gain and a 50 yard game. Once he's right, he's going to be an NFL talent.

Agree completely. Charone had the misfortune of

Sep 22, 2014, 10:01 PM

arriving at Clemson at the same time as Sammy Watkins, then got off to a bit of a slow start, then bummed up his knee. Still, there is a 5-star receiver there that was more highly rated in high-school than Watkins by some, and allegedly faster (per Dabo). I think he was having that breakout last year before he got hurt, and agree that the knee is all that is holding him back at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think the knee is probably OK

Sep 22, 2014, 10:03 PM

It's the thought of the knee that is holding him back. That goes away after a few more games.

Agreed***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,338
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic