Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last comment for you "season is a waste" folks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,089

Last comment for you "season is a waste" folks

Sep 22, 2014, 5:41 PM

and then I promise to let you be miserable all by your lonesome.

How do you think the players that fought their hearts out on Saturday night would feel about you throwing in the towel on them after 3 games? I'm embarrassed that many of you claim to be fans of this team. You can label me anything you want. Blind optimist. Pumper. Moran. Whatever suits your fancy. I will NEVER agree that this season is a waste or that we have nothing meaningful remaining for which to play. I think your attitude is a pretty shameful one to have. Furthermore, it's a joke that you NEVER have one positive thing to say about the coaches. This program is light years better than it was in 2008, and I find it pretty disturbing that some of you can't enjoy it even for a moment. Some of you need to time travel back to the glory days of 7-5 and a Humanintarian Bowl win. At least then you might have something reasonable to actually be miserable about.

If you ain't gonna be all in, then why don't you just get the #### out?

Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Last comment for you "season is a waste" folks

Sep 22, 2014, 5:53 PM

I agree with you.We could even go back to the
Hooty day's and no bowls and very few wins.
Don't leave,keep hammering.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 5:53 PM

If nothing else, improving week to week is worth playing for. Bitter, angry responses that demand reactionary punishment for defeat is the hallmark of a weak personality. In football and in life. Working every day to be better than the day before is the only real goal in life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 6:03 PM

I like it! Well said, and it is what our coaches instill and our players strive for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spiller you keep saying everyone is throwing away the season

Sep 22, 2014, 5:55 PM

But I literally can't find one person who thinks we shouldn't show up Saturday. Many of us know our conference and national title hopes are gone. Sure. Many of us feel this team is on course to underachieve this year. Sure. But not one person on this site feels like we should just surrender to the coots at the end of the year.
And you continue to think that just because we're better than we were in 2008 that everyone should jump for joy and think we've arrived as a program. Well, some of us believe we still have a ways to go, and think that we deserve a little more than what we've been given. Is that alright with you? Or are we not allowed to root for the team we've all rooted for through thick and thin because even though we cheer like heck every Saturday, deep down we know that every season we're going to come up short of what we were hoping for.

For your consideration...

Sep 22, 2014, 6:04 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15853204

Yeah, I must have misread that. Now that I read it again it does seem like he's 100% behind this team for the rest of the season.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Spiller you keep saying everyone is throwing away the season

Sep 22, 2014, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Spiller you keep saying everyone is throwing away the season ]

I don't feel like this team is underachieving. We've done pretty well with two first-time starting QBs, no tried-and-true RBs, and almost no depth at OL. The inexperience has shown, but so has the talent, preparation, and potential. We've looked good enough to win. Clean up the mistakes and we roll.

Re: Spiller you keep saying everyone is throwing away the season

Sep 22, 2014, 6:14 PM

I agree...this team has definitely not underachieved IMO....yes we blew a couple chances especially Saturday at a couple big wins but any person with a realistic mind prob knew with all of the question marks on this team including OL, qb situation, and an absolutely horrible running game, that we would more than likely be 1-2 at this point. I don't understand some ppl and the short memory they have...this program is on a completely diff level as it was 5 or 6 years ago and heading to even bigger things it looks like. We could win the NC and you would still have idiots not happy about something. We can stil win out and beat USC and make the Orange Bowl which would be a HUGE year I think considering the youth on offense with no running game

Blamestorming is cathartic...not sure what stage of

Sep 22, 2014, 5:57 PM

Kublor Ross' stages of grief we're in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTHchH9VRh0

Sep 22, 2014, 5:59 PM

I'm a man, i'm 40!

I haven't seen 1 yet thank goodness***

Sep 22, 2014, 6:00 PM

Sep 22, 2014, 6:01 PM

Sad to get the bummer replies for a pretty good post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The loss is still fresh...this one stung like a #####....it

Sep 22, 2014, 6:05 PM

is gonna take more than two days to brush this one off for some fans.

Re: The loss is still fresh...this one stung like a #####....it

Sep 23, 2014, 8:33 AM

I don't like it either, but I'm not willing to throw away all we have accomplished just because we lost to 2 top 10 ranked teams at their home stadiums at the beginning of a year we knew would be challenging due to key personnel losses. My biggest gripe is our OL. An old problem that really costs us.

Sep 22, 2014, 6:29 PM

We have just as much to gain this season as we did at the last of last season. We have a 10 to 11 win season with more great recruits coming to Clemson to finally take Clemson to the next level where the big championships are won. So we still have great things to look forward to... And the ones that don't want to stay and watch, hall A$S we don't need you or your negative comments!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 7:08 PM

I think your concern is valid and I agree. But I think these guys are heavily coached to ignore the negative comments. Heck, my 11 year old is coached to not worry about what the naysayers are preaching. They are honed in on their leaders. That's an incredibly important aspect of leadership.

Nonetheless, I agree it's ridiculous to say the season is lost, though I get why some might think so. We play 3 really big games this year. We've already lost two. Most folks know that beating Louisville, BC, and UNC won't put us back in the top 25 unless there are some big losses from those ahead of us.

That said, I think we beat the coots and catapult back into the polls and finish the season strong with a good bowl win.

Were those six years in prison a waste, how about the first

Sep 22, 2014, 7:46 PM

and third wife or the time in rehab --- heck no.

This season has much to offer.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,089
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic