Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
October 15, 2011
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 510

October 15, 2011

Sep 22, 2014, 3:58 PM

My subject.. you wonder. Why?

SPECIAL TEAMS. That is the date of our last special teams touchdown which came in Maryland on the road when Sammy Watkins took back a kickoff and led to us coming from behind to beat the Terps.

I sat in Tallahassee this weekend and watched us absolutely control the number one team in the nation and then walk away, again, with a loss. I love Dabo and think that he is no doubt the man for the job, but some change would not be terrible.

We in my opinion have the worst special teams in all of the power conferences in D1 football. We can't kick a field goal, we can't defend a kickoff, we can't defend a punt, we can't return a kickoff, and we can't return a punt. Im sure Danny Pearman is a great guy, but he can be a great guy somewhere else. Its time for a change. The special teams are AWFUL with the exception of Pinion kicking the ball great.

Returns are no longer a thing we may turn into a touchdown, but rather something we hope we can just catch and let our offense have a chance. There is no reason that we should be getting no returns when we don't even try to rush the punter on punts, we don't rush and we don't return, its terrible. Lakip should not kick, he obviously proved at Georgia and again last weekend he is not at all ready. Pearman out and changes on special teams may just be what we need to take Dabo from leading a good team, to Dabo leading a great team.

Special teams get solid, defense plays their hearts out as they did last weekend, and Watson stays healthy.. This team in the future could go from Orange Bowl champs to National Champs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: October 15, 2011

Sep 22, 2014, 4:12 PM

Thank you. This has gone beyond the point of needing to be addressed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic