Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If there is a real coaching mistake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 828

If there is a real coaching mistake

Sep 22, 2014, 3:41 PM

this season, it goes back to naming Cole the starter. Nothing against him; Watson is just an amazing talent and if he had started the Georgia game, I'll be conservative and say we would be at worst 2-1. We need a kicker but if Cole had made the wide open rather easy throw for a td in first quarter, we'd b putting a new tombstone in. And honestly, we may be undefeated if Watson had started this season. Unless he's injured he will be the best qb we've ever had.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still believe that it was like the coaches said in camp...

Sep 22, 2014, 3:43 PM

and I would guess that Cole played better in the first half at UGA than they maybe anticipated...

and DW played better on the big stage in Tally than they anticipated...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: If there is a real coaching mistake

Sep 22, 2014, 3:44 PM

What if we lost to UGA and then FSU and Watson got down on himself. We drop a 3rd game to UNC and it snowballs into a 7-5 season. Next year we come back with nothing from a confidence standpoint. Watson was sheltered from this difficult schedule and now we have something positive to point at going forward.

null

Can u guys say that the errant pass Cole made was not a sure

Sep 22, 2014, 3:50 PM

Sure td if he didn't throw it in the dirt? I agree if we made 1 out of the 2 fg's we win. Special teams is a huge problem and poor play calling not to mention our oline gets blown up way to much isn't at fault but that one pass wins the game. The defense has done their job in every game so far.

i would like to hear more about his poor playcaling

Sep 22, 2014, 3:52 PM

please proceed

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Poor play calling: shotgun on 4th and one. I agree Cole did

Sep 22, 2014, 3:59 PM

Play well in first half at ga. But, they didn't give DW a series until late in 3rd and ga had committed to blitz and oline got blown up. The play calling has been to not lose and safe.

that makes no sense at all

Sep 22, 2014, 4:04 PM

being in the gun is what we do, and have done for years... that's not a play call thing.

I'm pretty sure we were aggressive with our playcalling in Tally, as evidenced by how many yards we put up.

Redzone execution was lacking, but it wasn't playcalling.

Can't played scared...they're competitors...not head cases

Sep 22, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: If there is a real coaching mistake ]

That goes for Watson more than anyone I've ever seen. He's about as far from being a headcase as one can possibly be.

Sep 22, 2014, 3:46 PM

Shotgun?

Sep 22, 2014, 3:53 PM

Shotgun irrelevant if that pass anywhere close.

I thought Herbie and Pollack made...

Sep 22, 2014, 4:28 PM

great points on Gameday. Herbie said Dabo was in a tight spot and had to give the nod to the Senior bc he had done all the right things and Dabo has a level of pride in his program with rewarding guys who do things right. However, he stated that Clemsons real shot to win would be with Watson at the helm.

Pollack said that he gets starting Stoudt, but after Watson came in and shredded UGA that he just couldnt believe they wouldnt play him. He called out coaches saying you cant lean on the Freshman mindset excuse (if things went south with Watson in) as he showed he is well capable of handling the big stage.

Replies: 10
| visibility 828
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic