Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monday Moaning is in effect ... but adhere to the bylaws
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 973

Monday Moaning is in effect ... but adhere to the bylaws

Sep 22, 2014, 7:38 AM

Under the stated Bylaws of Monday Moaning, which are to be invoked any Monday following a Clemson football loss, people are allowed to complain freely and without fetter about:

1. Any specific plays that a poster feels may have cost the Tigers the game.
a. That may include plays that weren't made, but should have been, clock management issues, and the ever-popular ##### moments.
b. That complaining may also include the coaching decision to try such a play ... or not try an optional play.
c. Style of play (i.e., running vs. passing or zone coverage vs. press man) are permitted under this article as well.

2. Individual performances, i.e., kickers who can't kick, backs who can't run, blockers who can block, seat backs that don't work, radio announcers than can't get the players' names correct and mascots that frighten small children are fair game. However, the complaint is to be limited to the actual game performance. It will not be permissable to say any player for Clemson $ucks because of performance. You may, however, say their performance is not in keeping with the fine tradition of winning football we expect at our school.
a. The same may be said of coaching. Limit all vitriol to the performance, not the person.
b. You may, however, deem members of the opposing team or staff anything you wish within the realm of libel law...especially if they appear on TV 48 times or more without taking a single snap.

3. Criticism of the previous week's game shall NOT be considered "not being a true fan." Everyone hurts following a loss. Some have a greater need to vent for a longer period. This is the purpose of Monday Moaning. All are allowed to "get it out of your system," within the stated guidelines.
a. Remarks made during Monday Moaning are not to be used in later arguments with another individual. It is the same vein as bringing up old arguing points with an ex-girlfriend. And if you do this, is ti any wonder she's an ex?
b. Those unable to put up with the incessant whining and spleen-venting of Monday Moaning are advised to find alternate reading material until 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.

4. All protections afforded in the Bylaws of Monday Moaning vanish at 12:01 of the next morning (See Rule 3.b.) At that point Tigernet reverts to the standard anarchy.
a.Anyone who has not gotten everything out of their systems may be freely referred to as
I. A Coot
II. Not a real fan
III. Someone who really needs to get a life.
b. All posting protections of Monday Moaning are time-sensitive. I.E., if you didn't take advantage of them because you didn't know or were still too hung-over to enjoy them, you're S.O.L.

OK, everyone clear on the rules? Have at it!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"especially if they appear on TV 48 times" nice addition***

Sep 22, 2014, 7:42 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to admit, but I wish nothing but ill will towards

Sep 22, 2014, 7:44 AM

said person who appeared 48 times on TV without taking a single snap. I hope his path is laden with fire ant hills.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The only thing more self-destructive than said person

Sep 22, 2014, 8:01 AM

is the Clemson football team. :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to admit, but I wish nothing but ill will towards

Sep 22, 2014, 8:16 AM [ in reply to I hate to admit, but I wish nothing but ill will towards ]

If I catch him in my back yard he will be shot on sight. So you better come up with another type of path for him to walk, and I mean it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monday Moaning is in effect ... but adhere to the bylaws

Sep 22, 2014, 7:42 AM

Can you put all this in simple english ?

Anything goes ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No! Definitely not! But there are protections implied

Sep 22, 2014, 7:52 AM

Essentially ... in 2003, which was a VERY strange year, the level of sniping and bile gorging on the board reached near-schism levels.

While recognizing the need to vent after blowouts to Georgia a totally uninspired loss to NC State and the (gulp) fiasco at Wake, the Simian Overlords also saw the need to constructive spleen-venting within a limited context. The decision was that complaints were good for the soul, but personal attacks were not. So one was allowed, while trying to prevent the other.

Monday Moaning is the Tigernet version of the old Star Trek Festival episode, with a few more strident limitations. No Jameis Wintson-esque imitations will be permitted.

In a nutshell, we can all complain about the game, about performances or lack thereof and bemoan the team's impending doom all day Monday. On Tuesday, with all that out of our systems, the world returns to normal and we look forward to the next win.

And if it takes more than a day of complaining to get something out of a person's system, that person really needs to get a life.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No! Definitely not! But there are protections implied

Sep 22, 2014, 8:21 AM

Or, they are for sure without any Questions a 100% coot:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's like that movie "The Purge" right?***

Sep 22, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to No! Definitely not! But there are protections implied ]

Ok - I'll lead off and be done with it

Sep 22, 2014, 7:49 AM

The kicker lost the game with the first missed field goal. Maybe one could blame Stoudt because of the poor throw...but the kicker had a chip shot. What the heck did he warm up for?

Those first three points that were left on the field lost the game. The rest of the points left on the field are just gravy for FSU.

Thanks Rev! And to the kicker, don't give up. Better days are ahead!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Ok - I'll lead off and be done with it

Sep 22, 2014, 7:58 AM

Wouldn't it be more expedient to just blame that on Batson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is this "Bat boy" to which you refer?

Sep 22, 2014, 8:01 AM

;)

I really liked what I saw from the team - the potential that is. I just want that potential to be realized the rest of the year! We can still finish 11-2 and that would be great!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I can forgive Stoudt for that throw

Sep 22, 2014, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Ok - I'll lead off and be done with it ]

He did have a D lineman right in his face. But the kick was hideous. Looked like he hit it with the side of his foot, like a soccer player trying to make a cross pass.

Cole isn't looking for forgiveness...

Sep 22, 2014, 8:09 AM

he's looking for exoneration. He saw DW stand in the pocket and take hits time and time again during that game. Cole knows what time it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can forgive Stoudt for that throw

Sep 22, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to I can forgive Stoudt for that throw ]

Was that Jake from state farm making that awful kick. (Hideous) :)

Wearing khakis under the uniform***

Sep 22, 2014, 9:04 AM

The off sides on 1st and goal by FSU was designed.

Sep 22, 2014, 7:57 AM

It was intended to take our starting center out of the game. Though some may not agree they need to consider the moral pulse of FSU football program, athletic department and administration.

I'm not saying it was drawn up on the board but what would you expect from a nose guard who plays for such a trashy azzed coach and program such as FSU? I'm not saying it's the reason we loosed. We really loosed the game because of the lack of fookus by fans. We fan's were unfookesed because of the QB controversy we got all raped up in.

Now we're doing it again. If we don't fookus this week we won't beat UNC by more than 50 points. We might get all raped up again.

edit for speling

Re: The off sides on 1st and goal by FSU was designed.

Sep 22, 2014, 8:41 AM

I wouldn't put anything past. Jimbo, he is a low life coach, poor example of a man and general all around A$$HOLE!

Here's my complaint ... or the main one

Sep 22, 2014, 7:59 AM

And if anyone can explain it to my satisfaction, then I'd be grateful.

Shotgun snaps in short-yardage. Surely in the playbook there's a short-yardage play that doesn't involve having to go back 5 yards to gain 6 inches. Surely, with a beefy, if raw, quarterback turned running back on the field, and a truck of a fullback on the bench, there's better use of our manpower and talent than what was shown.

That, to me, was what cost the game. Not the bad pass on the opening drive. Not the bad kick ... look at 2006 in FSU and see that we have won with MUCH WORSE kicking.

No, I put this loss squarely on a strange insistence of going with the shotgun when just about ANY under-center combination would have fared better.

And that's what Monday Moaning is about.

Re: Here's my complaint ... or the main one

Sep 22, 2014, 8:34 AM

Answer( Adam Choice was a QB in High School. If the ball was going to him anyway. Why not let him get it the way he was use to getting it, from center....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Need this package for short yardage...

Sep 22, 2014, 8:37 AM

The old time "Stack I":

http://www.jes-football.com/plastackiformation.html

Bingo! There are times you MUST go under center...

Sep 22, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's my complaint ... or the main one ]

..and if we have the bodies to do so, why didn't we?

This is by no means an excuse or answer,...

Sep 22, 2014, 9:59 AM

...but I know we used two time outs pretty quickly in the first half. It seems like we did in the second half, as well. Would switching out personnel have cost us a delay of game on any of those plays? I didn't pay close enough attention.

Now, that scenario may hold water on the first or second short yardage fiasco, but if that was a factor, we should have had our crap together and been ready for getting our guys on the field at other times throughout the game, e.g., our drive in OT.

We may never know why we didn't have those options, but I sure as hell hope we do starting today.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

I cost my girlfriend her ear drums..

Sep 22, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Here's my complaint ... or the main one ]

By yelling GET UNDER CENTER

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...

Sep 22, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Here's my complaint ... or the main one ]

if Watson isn't comfortable under center, then surely one of the other 4 quarterbacks on the roster is. If you're going to give an excuse for something at least make it a good one.

Agree, however, it goes deeper than that one decision.

Sep 22, 2014, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Here's my complaint ... or the main one ]

People want to blame specific plays and players, but it is truly deeper than that.

1. Our defense whipped their butts. Thank you, Coach V. You get "Coach of the Game."

2. I know everyone is enamored of Coach Morris. And he is very, very good in most of our games. However, in the big games, we get outcoached. Not every time, but enough times. We do stupid stuff, like having Sammy throw a pass against SCar. Like calling a shotgun formation with 1st & goal on the 4, or 4th and a foot in OT. Like having a freshman QB with an NFL arm, great receivers, and great tight ends... and then call running plays for the QB all night. Coach Morris has said he wants to look like Auburn, but in reality, we look more like LSU.

3. How can we not know we leave the middle of the field open on kick offs, but UGA sees it and tells their star running back to run up the middle on the next kick. 100 yards and 7 points.

4. Why do we not have a kicker that can kick it through the end zone on every kick off?

5. Why is our field goal kicker inexperienced? Why did we not recruit enough kickers to keep the pipeline full of experienced field goal kickers.

6. Why does Coach Morris stubbornly play "our game" instead of analyzing the opponents' weaknesses during the game and attacking them? Spurrier does. Example: Saturday, the announcers showed the middle of FSU's field wide open when we sent our receivers deep. They said that Morris will come back to that and take advantage of it. He never did. Spurrier would have attacked it again and again until they stopped him. We don't.

7. If we want to run the ball, why do we not have power running backs and a power line? Most teams would give their first born male child for a passer like Watson. So do we perform an aerial ballet against their secondary? No, we don't. Our star passer, who can eat up yards with his arm, is given the ball to run.

8. In 2 years, Coach V has gotten our defense to a level where we can hold the #1 team in the country to close to zero yards in 2 quarters. If our offense used our talent to perform at this level of play, we would have beaten UGA and FSU.

9. There is a reason Scar has beaten us 5 years in a row, and it isn't turnovers.

Correct on all points... They need addressing. +1.***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic