Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Subject in particular just another outrageous emotional..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 269

No Subject in particular just another outrageous emotional..

Sep 22, 2014, 7:34 AM

rant.

What is obvious is that every Tnet knee-jerking analyst, the talking heads and don't leave out Mickey and STS, are in a comfortable position when it comes to picking out starters and making program changing decision for Clemson. None of us have anything on the line except a personal pride.

The talking heads never revisit their claims, especially when they are wrong. STS fights 'backing up,' on an issue even when they didn't look past the end of their noses to find their position, as do most of us. They almost never revisits their claims unless they've guessed right. Exclude the outrageous claim that Dabo couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag and I've not read many 'we were wrong,' op-eds there.

One poster continue to claim to know that 'Hopkins was clearly our best receiver from game 1 vs UNT.' He looked like a world beater to me too but he'd spent some of the previous off season playing BB and missed a ton of time in the football playbook and in the weight room getting ready for spring practice.

Time in the weight room has a great deal of bearing on a player's ability to block. Time in the playbook has a great bearing on a player's knowing who to block.

There are a lot of 'idiots, coots and armchair coaches,' on here. They are those, such as you and I, the talking heads, STS and anyone with a keyboard who have nothing to lose with our opinions on who starts and when they start.

We can say what we want over and over, ignore the responses then continue with our heads in the sand when we are wrong. The information by which we found our opinion is usually limited and always fractional compared to the data our coaching staff has.

Saturday night we saw our offense put 400 yards on the #1 ranked team. We give all the credit to our new QB but still have nothing to say about the S&C program that's been trashed for half a decade here and the 'mickey mouse,' play caller on the side lines and the 'cheerleader,' he works for. It's like Dabo had a magic wand and we're giving all the credit for the showing to the wand while faulting the guy who was waving it for the loss.

What's your position? "Dabo is still a moron for not listening to the peanut gallery?"

IMO, since Cole won the starting job in the spring and continued that role during the fall practice the issue was just as much about Cole proving he didn't deserve the job as it was DW proving he did. I consider that objective. Changing paddles mid stream is sometimes fatal and always dangerous. It's much more than changing who takes the ball and makes the decisions, it's about changing the offense's leader and leadership mid season. It had to be done and everybody including our coaching staff knew that. Picking the optimum time was crucial for the benefit of the rest of the team.

It's true, Dabo was reluctant to make the change. I think he had a tough decision to change the leadership of a program from such a known personality, ability and familiarity. Not so much for himself but for the team. I'm sure you have at least some slight frame of reference for a situation like this in your life. Think of your leadership changing not you being the one to make the change. That's where most went wrong in claiming to know more than the coach. We didn't really consider the team but instead just the executor of the QB position.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 269
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic