Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there more to this story???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,716

Is there more to this story???

Sep 19, 2014, 11:42 PM

I'm just saying... What he did in my opinion is just silly and not really an offense that should require you to sit. You have the media saying he should have more time, but I thought 1/2 game was fine for what he did here. I'm thinking something else happened with one of his past offenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there more to this story???

Sep 19, 2014, 11:44 PM

In light of the ongoing rape investigation being done by FSU, him saying it is much worse than the average athlete who is not being investigated for rape saying it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me it wasn't so much what he said

But rather he said something in line with one of his previous alleged offenses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either they uncovered something else or they're worried

about being embarrassed by their fans when he would have entered the game

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Either they uncovered something else or they're worried

Sep 19, 2014, 11:55 PM

I don't post very much, more of a reader,but I did here some info on this situation. I don't know this to be fact of course, but my dad has a friend involved in the internal investigation being done by the university. Supposedly there are claims by 2 other women that have come forward with allegations of sexual assault involving Winston. Money hungry, maybe. But it is a reliable source from what I have been told.

Another possibility is that instead of showing the coaches

Sep 19, 2014, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Either they uncovered something else or they're worried ]

that he learned his lesson and will be on his Sunday best behavior, he got arrogant about it and forced Jimbo into a corner that no coach would accept. Just my guess.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Public pressure maybe. Institutions cave.***

Sep 19, 2014, 11:47 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 12:03 AM

Comments like this disturb me. If his comments were disrespectful of race there would be rioting going on. However since he "only" disrespected women there is disgust by some and boys will be boys by others. Personally I am outraged and in view of his other difficulties he would be off the team if I was in charge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 12:06 AM

Excellent point tigerdocmom !
Completely agree.
+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 20, 2014, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there more to this story??? ]

Someone who's family member is working on the Winston case just posted a post that said 2 more females just came forward and said they were being sexually assaulted by him. Not confirmed, just heard through a good source.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 12:06 AM

To quote ESPN's Rod Gilmore "this is a career achievement suspension for him"

This wasn't about what he said standing on a table; this is because he got a pass so many other times and it didn't change his behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2014, 12:53 AM

Somebody perhaps there's a video of Winston's "speech" and it got loose on the internet. Embarrassed the university, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably did something stupid again tonight.***

Sep 20, 2014, 12:10 AM

Re: Probably did something stupid again tonight.***

Sep 20, 2014, 12:55 AM

transferred to USuCk?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic