Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Snyder Says Auburn is Stealing Signals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,218

Snyder Says Auburn is Stealing Signals

Sep 18, 2014, 9:27 PM

He said one of the biggest adjustments they need to make in the second half is doing a better job of hiding their signals from the Auburn sideline.

aaaaaaand crickets from the SEC network crew.

These guys are the biggest jokes for competitors possibly ever seen in the college football era.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Snyder quicker than Jimbo to figure that out.***

Sep 18, 2014, 9:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

there's nothing wrong with that at all

Sep 18, 2014, 9:31 PM

as a coach... I can tell you that is absolutely part of the game

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Well, that's news to me

Sep 18, 2014, 9:35 PM

I was under the impression that only certain programs (we all know who you are) were allocating resources simply to steal signals from other teams.

If it is part of the game, it is a part we seem to be failing miserably at.

It's part of the game...

Sep 18, 2014, 9:47 PM

If you see something on tape, or pick it up in a game... you take advantage of it

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Snyder Says Auburn is Stealing Signals

Sep 18, 2014, 9:32 PM

What's wrong with stealing signals? Heard the qb is trying to read the defense too!

Re: Snyder Says Auburn is Stealing Signals

Sep 18, 2014, 9:35 PM

it is part of the game

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out of curiosity, what do you think is wrong with it?

Sep 18, 2014, 9:36 PM

The offense sets up the play calling as a way to speed up getting play calls in so as to give the offense an advantage in determining tempo. Now unless the defense has gone to some nefarious lengths (stealing a playbook, etc), then they are 100% in the clear to pay attention to what the offense is signalling and what the play is.

In fact they would be painfully stupid not to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out of curiosity, what do you think is wrong with it?

Sep 18, 2014, 9:38 PM

Agree 100%

You make it sound so simple

Sep 18, 2014, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Out of curiosity, what do you think is wrong with it? ]

Yet I've never once heard a team complain that "Clemson is stealing their signals". Judging by some of our outcomes, I would have to assume we either aren't even trying, or are downright horrible at doing so.

I'm not sure "nefarious" is the best word for what I'm getting at, but it's Auburn. Yes, I'm insinuating that they have allocated resources far above and beyond the average program for gaining an advantage beyond simply lining up and executing plays.

Just interesting that the only actual complaints I have heard regarding stealing signals were from Jimbo Fisher and Snyder just now about...Auburn.

It's a simple concept

Sep 18, 2014, 10:03 PM

One that most offensive teams prepare for and guard against.

The real issue is the offense having these "tells" in place and not correcting them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You make it sound so simple

Sep 18, 2014, 10:05 PM [ in reply to You make it sound so simple ]

So dumb I can't tell if it's sarcasm

I know. If they are waving arms and holding up signs

Sep 18, 2014, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Out of curiosity, what do you think is wrong with it? ]

in broad daylight (or arclight), what's wrong with looking at them?

They actually expect the other team to look, or they would just hold up the play names, wouldn't they?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Criminoles were stealing play calls last year.

Sep 18, 2014, 9:54 PM

While watching film, they realized that if the heels of the linemen were up, it was a run. If they were down, it was a pass.

Re: The Criminoles were stealing play calls last year.

Sep 18, 2014, 9:55 PM

I hope we can figure out how to steal some FSU signals

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,218
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic