Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have a better chance then many are giving us(long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 579

We have a better chance then many are giving us(long)

Sep 18, 2014, 3:23 PM

FSU is not as good as they were last year. They lost their match-up nightmare in Benjamin and as of right now don't have a reliable No.2 WR. Aside from Greene their next best receiver is Nick O'Leary and he hasn't caught that many.

I believe our secondary is more athletic then last year with Peters and Jenkins healthy and the addition of Alexander and Kearse. Our safeties are solid imo with Johnson and Kearse pushing one another. I believe that we'll play more match up man to man and put a safety over Greene to force someone else to be us. We need our LBs to jam their TE at the LOS though. He can't get a free release.

Their OL is just as good as UGA's and may be better, on papaer at least. So far this year they haven't looked dominate. They also have a new center and I believe Jarett and our DTs will be better at pressing the pocket. Bealsey was handled very well by them last year. I think he'll have a chip on his shoulder this time around.

Our LBs will need to read their keys and stop the running game. Again it's not been as dominate as we assumed so far so our front 7 should be good enough to stop their run game and generate enough pressure to get to the QB, no matter who it is.

On offense it'll be trickier. They lost a lot of talent especially at LB and safety but their CB are very good and will play press man. Their DL is good as well with talented DTs. How healthy they'll be I don't know but our OL will have a tough time keeping Watson and Cole clean if they don't step it up. Morris must call the correct plays to stop an aggressive pass rush. Go more max protect if you need to. Run the zone read if you need to. Use 2 TE sets if you needs to. We have the talent to put up points on FSU and it'll be up to Morris to find the cracks in that defense.

Also we MUST RUN THE BALL. Don't go away from it and don't stop it. We need a steady dose of Gallman, Choice and Davidson. I understand that Howard is better at pass protection but we need talent to get the tough yards. Howard can't do that.

We can win this game but it will be tough. We can't let the momentum overwhelm us nor can we have a lot of mistakes. We need a clean and well played game but FSU is not the Juggernaut many believe them to be.

Thoughts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have a better chance then many are giving us(long)

Sep 18, 2014, 4:25 PM

We have to move the ball on offense and watch corner coming on pas rush. I like Cole and hope he starts out like gangbusters, but he seems too laid back at times. Need to rotate Cole and DW at least every 2 series to keep their defense confused. Dual threat will cause them more problems than pocket passer and DW can run zone read. NO TIME FOR CONSERVATIVE PLAY CALLING!!! This is the ACC Championship game in September, so we have to bring our best as players and coaches. We all know DJ Howard is not the right back, so don't start him please.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 579
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic