Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On my soap box this afternoon.....ESPN the SEC Network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 773

On my soap box this afternoon.....ESPN the SEC Network

Sep 16, 2014, 12:45 PM

How can ESPN act like they are on some moral high ground when discussing Rice and Peterson?

They continue to promote and glorify these individuals and college players like Winston who lack moral chacter, any sense of integrity and civility.

I watched their Sunday NFL show and you could see the tension and apprehension of everyone on set as they discussed these issues. They could not look at the elephant in the room (Ray Lewis). Finally Cris Carter spoke up about Lewis past legal issues. He made mention that it was adjuticated but you almost got the feeling that Carter was unsure of the truth.

As I watch both the NFL and college football, I'm guilty with the rest of you as we help perpetuate this glorification of atheletes. I know it's not all players and there's a part of me that keeps hoping that thugs like Winston and Rice and Lewis will someday pay for their past actions against man and society.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chris Carter was kicked off the Eagles

Sep 16, 2014, 12:51 PM

for being one of the biggest druggies in the league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chris Carter was kicked off the Eagles

Sep 16, 2014, 2:01 PM

But Carter admitted that they did the right thing by cutting him. Carter made plenty of mistakes, but he has admitted to them as well as apologized to Buddy Ryan and the team for what he did. His situation is a bit different.

Re: Chris Carter was kicked off the Eagles

Sep 16, 2014, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Chris Carter was kicked off the Eagles ]

But Carter admitted that they did the right thing by cutting him. Carter made plenty of mistakes, but he has admitted to them as well as apologized to Buddy Ryan and the team for what he did. His situation is a bit different.

CowTurd will tell you it's what gets the audience.

Sep 16, 2014, 1:08 PM

To your point is not close to moral high ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. ESPN has become judge, jury, and

Sep 16, 2014, 6:57 PM

(in their own mind) executioner....a privilege they've granted themselves. They never miss an oportunity to heavily publicize their own affiliations nearly to the exclusion of everyone else. And equally as painful is listening to every ESPN Radio host toe the company's position on every issue....makes ya wonder how much pressure from above is shoved down on those folks

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 773
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic