Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buffalo and Arizona have replaced the Falcons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 535

Buffalo and Arizona have replaced the Falcons

Sep 16, 2014, 9:04 AM

I had always thought of the Falcons as my NFL team from the time the team was established in the mid-1960s. I had season tickets in the early 80's. But pulling for Matt Ryan has always made me feel a bit two faced. Sort of like, but not quite as bad as, pulling for Nuk and against Clowney at the same time.

Watching Buffalo and Arizona has returned the enjoyment of pulling for an NFL team that I haven't had for 15 years. I was trying to remember what happened that put a damper on being an Atlanta Falcon fan although I have tried to remain loyal through the years. Then I remembered. It was when they finally made it to the Super Bowl in January 1999.

Instead of celebrating the moment that my team had finally gotten there, Eugene Robinson ruined the day and played a major role in missing plays that cost Atlanta the game. Eugene was the moral compass and team leader who decided the night before the game to leave his wife in the hotel room while he solicited a prostitute in Miami. The prostitute ended up being a police officer and Eugene spent the night getting out of jail rather than sleeping to be ready to play in the Super Bowl. This story dominated the day. And you sort of knew it wasn't going to go Atlanta's way once the game started. The team seemed to totally fall apart. Eugene had won the Bart Starr Community Service Award earlier in the day which he later returned. The Super Bowl was a total disaster.

The recent problems of not scoring in the playoffs with first and goal inside the 10 yard line has seemed like the curse continues. I tried to stick with the Falcons. But it is now time to move on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find myself really pulling for, and watching, the Bills

Sep 16, 2014, 9:07 AM

and Cards as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

the first time I can remember caring about pro ball was when

Sep 16, 2014, 9:36 AM

the Dolphins were winning back to back titles and I liked the players (and success I suppose) and have been a loyal fan ever since. They are, in fact, the best semi pro team in America. It has become harder to remain a fan and my enthusiasm has waned since Dan the man provided some excitement. When Buffalo drafted CJ, I began to pay a little more attention to one of our rivals and when they drafted Sammy....it just put me over the top! I now own TWO Buffalo jerseys (a white #14 and a blue #14) and a few Sammy/Buffalo themed tee shirts. The transition has been made.

Don't forget about Malliciah Goodman with the Falcons!***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:46 AM

nm

Replies: 3
| visibility 535
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic