Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As a child 50 years ago, I was once dragged to a bad place
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,178

As a child 50 years ago, I was once dragged to a bad place

Sep 16, 2014, 12:31 AM

I did not know what was happening to me. I trusted my parents to protect me from such horrors in life. But on that particular day, adult supervision was lacking. Instead of staying home in the safety of our known surroundings where we could listen to Buddy Gore run rampant over another opponent on the radio, I was transported to an away football game and those despicable people whom I shall never forget. Words I had never heard. Gestures I had never seen. Once we were safely home, I knew that I would never go back. Never again have I found myself in Columbia, South Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did your parents let you go with Uncle Badtouch?

Sep 16, 2014, 1:36 AM

Surely normal parents wouldn't expose a child to either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I attended my first collegiate football game (of all places)

Sep 2, 2023, 12:07 AM

at what was known as Carolina Stadium years ago as a Boy Scout.

That's because our scoutmaster was a NC State grad and wanted to watch Roman Gabriel play against the Gamecocks.

Problem was my fellow scouts and I had no clue as to what was unfolding and were more interested in getting popcorn and sodas. After the game a couple of Carolina fans were chatting with us about the scouts, and one asked whether we planned on going to Carolina or Clemson.

Knowing very little about either, I recall replying, "I probably can't go to either, because I have a parttime job at Efird's in Rock Hill." The fans laughed...and I went on my merry way...looking for more popcorn! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a child 50 years ago, I was once dragged to a bad place

Sep 16, 2014, 8:53 AM

AMEN !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a child 50 years ago, I was once dragged to a bad place

Sep 16, 2014, 8:54 AM

But you are in California ?

46 years ago I was born there and grew up there

Sep 16, 2014, 9:16 AM

My first CFB game was seeing Chicken loss at hands of the Golden Domers of ND in '76. I spent the first 18 yrs. of my life in Chicken world taking great pleasure in detesting them and becoming a Tiger fanatic. I must say it was aided by having a Jersey raised Pop (ND fanatic) who called them the Chickens and used to say, "I hope the Chickens lose their scrimmage games". It also helped having an Uncle who played for Coach Howard who despised all things Chicken and was my Pop's right hand man my whole childhood. They both detested USuCk, GA, FSU and I know they are looking down proud that I am their clone. They raised me well....my Pop was ND to his bone marrow but he would say to my Uncle, "bro in law, godalmighty your Tigers play defense....it looks like 15 wild dogs on the football every play....I hope youse hang 60 on the Chickens this year and go for 2 after every TD" ....Hard not to let that rub off on u....thank god it did for this Columbia boy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,178
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic