Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something I have noticed and hate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,165

Something I have noticed and hate

Sep 14, 2014, 9:09 PM

We are as upset around here over a SC win in a big game as we are a Clemson loss. Why do I hate it? Because when we owned them we didn't care as much. They win a big game and we can't get our minds off of it. Especially when the big win comes against a team we lost to recently that we feel like we could have won given the right play calling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something I have noticed and hate

Sep 14, 2014, 10:26 PM

You actually are a brave Tiger, and you're absolutely correct! Back in the day (when Clemson could usually count on a win over SC), most Tiger fans didn't obsess over their wins or losses, or really notice them at all, except for that one November Saturday each fall. These days, it appears some Tiger fans would rather take a Gamecock loss over a Tiger win! Go figure?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Problem was a common opponent

Sep 14, 2014, 10:33 PM

...who shoulda lost to both clemson and uscjr

Also killed our playoff hopes and NC hopes for the season, not to mention the fanbases/players confidence heading into fsu wkd

Re: Problem was a common opponent

Sep 14, 2014, 10:37 PM

Awww you're so cute

It certainly did not.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Problem was a common opponent ]

Had UGAy won the conference we'd have no chance at getting a shot at the playoff. They won't allow two teams in who have played one another during the regular season.

Now if we win out and beat USuCk at the end of the year the committee will view this as a team that spent the entire year maturing and getting better. If you'd ever seen the NCAAB selection process you'd remember this happening time and time again. Early losses are much less important than late losses.

Getting spanked by FSU will ruin our playoff hopes but shouldn't it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have no children?

Sep 15, 2014, 12:12 AM

I got use to dealing with childish jealousy when the kids were little. The main difference is that these grown kids here won't listen to reason until the emotion dies down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The main thing with me is knowing that six in a row is a

Sep 15, 2014, 6:35 AM

real possibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Age and experience will temper those types of emotions,

Sep 15, 2014, 6:22 AM

although I don't recall ever allowing a South Carolina victory or loss get under my skin unless it was a victory over us...and then, the emotions lasted, oh, about one hour.

Why? Because that's the nature of the game; win some; lose some.

These days too many folks try to overanalyze everything and connect too much together, regarding sports, particularly football. There's no harm in that unless people allow themselves to get overwrought and morbid and assume too much.

Now, on to Tallahassee to see if Doak Campbell Stadium is still standing..................

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not in my case.***

Sep 15, 2014, 6:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....+1.....Good morning, my good Friend.***

Sep 15, 2014, 6:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the problem .....

Sep 15, 2014, 6:40 AM

All of us are sick of having to listen to obnoxious Gamecock fans. When we blew it against UGA, we had to listen to the same old "weak" ACC crap all over again. So naturally all of us wanted UGA to beat the Gamecocks so that the ridicule would stop. It didn't happen. And that's the problem. Spurrier has built a very solid program, and it's evident that team has made big, big strides since game 1. It's the kind of improvement we want our Tigers to show. Unfortunately, we usually lay an egg whenever we start to think we have made it. I won't be surprised if another egg laying is in the cards this Saturday. However, I also believe we will run off 8 straight wins after this Saturday. Then we get another shot at Spurrier. Will we finally get over the hump this November? We all hope so.

Agree, and it is getting old.***

Sep 15, 2014, 8:16 AM

Re: Something I have noticed and hate

Sep 15, 2014, 7:43 AM

GA always melts down in Columbia . It is disappointing but typical

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,165
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic