Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our coaching staff proving they're "human" with decisions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,166

Our coaching staff proving they're "human" with decisions

Sep 2, 2014, 9:10 PM

I think our coaching staff has fallen victim to liking a player personally, instead of basing playing time off of ability and talent. Stoudt, DJ and Humphries are all seniors who have younger, more talented players behind them (Watson, Davidson, Scott). It's human nature to want that older guy that's been in the program longer to succeed. It'll be interesting to see how long they stick with these guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree, but don't expect a change,Is Bowden back in DV?***

Sep 2, 2014, 9:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i wouldn't expect a major overhaul unless we lose to a UNC

Sep 2, 2014, 9:42 PM

or another team similar...assuming we lose at FSU.

if we lose at FSU and then lay an egg against UNC or Louisville, I would expect Spring practice to start in October.

Artavis and mike williams should always be on the field.

Sep 2, 2014, 9:43 PM

Artavis Scott is a game changer and everyone here knows cj Davidson and gallman or choice should atleast get a heavy amount of playing time. I may not agree with everything but I'll wait until after fsu or unc before I start saying the coaches are doing the complete wrong thing. I do however disagree with taking watson out after he gets in a rhythm and throws 2 perfect passes one being for the most impressive td of the game.

Don't forget how Coach Swinney

Sep 2, 2014, 9:44 PM

got to Clemson in the first place....loljk!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you honestly think you're in a better position to decide

Sep 2, 2014, 9:52 PM

who plays than coaches who have seen these guys every day in practice, in every scrimmage, in team meetings, the weight room, film sessions, etc.?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you honestly think you're in a better position to decide

Sep 2, 2014, 10:07 PM

I'm not saying you're wrong but is a younger player starting over a upperclassman at any position on our team? The way we have recruited since the dandy dozen make me think that the odds are good there would be at least one or two instances where we went with a younger more talented player.

Sammy says hello!***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:16 PM

Alexander***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you honestly think you're in a better position to decide ]

Re: Alexander***

Sep 2, 2014, 11:08 PM

Forgot. Though technically he didn't on Saturday with Peters out. Though being a top 10 high school player at one of the least talented positions on our defense the last two years or so, not starting him over at least one of Jenkins or Peters would be as close crazy as one could possibly get.

Re: Our coaching staff proving they're "human" with decisions

Sep 2, 2014, 10:10 PM

I think the best people are starting. I really do not think a freshman would have the command of our offensive scheme to be the starter at QB.

Valid point. But worked out OK for Manziel & Winston

Sep 2, 2014, 10:23 PM

As they collected their Heisman's after redshirt freshman years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Valid point. But worked out OK for Manziel & Winston

Sep 2, 2014, 10:49 PM

Do you really think Watson has had the time to master Morris' offensive package?

Redshirt Freshman =/= true freshman***

Sep 2, 2014, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Valid point. But worked out OK for Manziel & Winston ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1000% agree. UGA frosh were ready to play against us.***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget there's more to the game than what they do with

Sep 2, 2014, 10:27 PM

the ball in their hands. For instance, Adam is an incredible blocker (we might not have won the Orange Bowl without him)

please no logic***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:31 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: please no logic***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:41 PM

Your total right you see it in the nfl all the time. Dado need to take is heart out of it and go with his mind. It is so obvious that DJ howard is terrible. I don't mind losing but the personal decision dado had made has made me question him for the first time.

I do agree about Howard... but I think Humphrey's is

Sep 2, 2014, 10:42 PM

a different story...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Don't forget there's more to the game than what they do with

Sep 2, 2014, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Don't forget there's more to the game than what they do with ]

Adam is an incredible blocker who was catching screen passes while a fast 175 pound receiver blocked for him.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,166
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic