Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not nearly as discouraged by the Georgia game as many here.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,376

Not nearly as discouraged by the Georgia game as many here.

Sep 2, 2014, 1:04 PM

Field position ... we just could not get out of the shadow of our own goal line in the second half.

When one team starts every drive inside their own 20 and the other team begins almost every drive out near the 40, the latter team is always going to dominate.

It's anybody's game up until the poor field position caused the defense to wear out late in the game and the ### broke loose.

Certainly in hind sight, our play calling could have been more aggressive and of course our execution should have been better ... it will get better. Trust me.

I still see 10 wins and a nice bowl opportunity for this team.

From what I saw last Thursday and Saturday, that 10th win WILL come on November 29.

Chin up Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

23, 7, 20, 8, 17, 19, 25...our starting field position in th

Sep 2, 2014, 1:44 PM

the second half. It's not as bad as Chad was making it out to be.

If you're starting from your 23, 20, 27, 29, and 25 and you feel you have to be conservative there, then you have issues. I can agree on being a little conservative at the 7 and 8. Although, I believe we ran a sweep on one of those two and picked up a first down, and still went conservative.

Agreed. We've seen Chad be aggresive from that position

Sep 2, 2014, 1:46 PM

Last year against UVA and Syracuse in fact. Tajh was basically in the end zone and threw a 50 yard bomb to Sammy. I think he just doesn't trust the young guys enough to gamble like that. I would have but I'm not him and don't know the players as well as I hope they do

Re: Agreed. We've seen Chad be aggresive from that position

Sep 2, 2014, 1:53 PM

Until we can get the ground game going, the long strike vertical balls are not going to get going either. Our run game has to be good enough to force man coverage in the secondary. Until that happens, we will see no deep vertical game.

In response ... obviously, we don't have Tajh or Sammy and

Sep 2, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Agreed. We've seen Chad be aggresive from that position ]

UVA and Syracuse are not Georgia between the hedges.

Instead, we have a QB with no experience throwing to guys who showed a remarkable propensity to drop easy passes earlier in the game, and we're doing it in front of 90K noisy, hostile fans.

In hindsight Chad Morris has already acknowledged that he could/should have done some things differently.

Except for the trip to FSU, the going gets a lot easier from here on out.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After our only first down that ended the 3rd, we started the

Sep 2, 2014, 3:21 PM [ in reply to 23, 7, 20, 8, 17, 19, 25...our starting field position in th ]

the 4th with a pass play, prolly a deep one, but got sacked for a big loss.

In fact, the losses from sacks and such are what had us backed up on 3rd downs, moreso than 1st downs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 23, 7, 20, 8, 17, 19, 25...our starting field position in th

Sep 2, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to 23, 7, 20, 8, 17, 19, 25...our starting field position in th ]

Yours is the best point I've seen today! CM made the starting positions sound like we were at the 5-10 on all starts. Not true but helped him make his point.. I've seen enough

Re: Not nearly as discouraged by the Georgia game as many here.

Sep 2, 2014, 1:50 PM

That is why you have to be capable of grinding it out on the ground. For a team to compete for the national championship, the O has to be able to pound the ball and kill clock when need be. When the D is worn out, the Dominant teams like FSU, Alabama, and even Auburn last year were all able to go to an almost pure ground game and rest their D. Spread, Vertical pass, fast pace, is fun to watch; but when the D is worn out we must be able to give them 1/2 a quarter off the field to rest. Yall can flame away, but that is how Saban wins national championships. He grinds it out and brutalizes the D of his opponents. Is it fun to watch? Not really! For a Tide fan, all those trophies are probably pretty nice to look at.

Sep 2, 2014, 2:08 PM

And Bama fans are some of the most spoiled whiny fans i've ever seen. They won and you'd think they loss the way they are crying about the team. They are death scare of A&M and Auburn offense this year and even those Mississippi teams. Said their defense is weaker...secondary is horrible and Saban needs to get with the times instead of complaining about HUNH team paces. They are actually talking about Saban stepping down if he doesn't win it all this year. So sure they are happy to brag about the trophies...but they are very elitist never happy fans for the most part.

And i say that as someone living in Alabama currently

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2014, 4:26 PM

I'm discouraged that we don't have any better RB's and not planning on signing one next year. Feaster is a 2016 kid IF we even get him. We can't go this year and next with what we have on the team now.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,376
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic