Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Short and long term positives
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 490

Short and long term positives

Sep 2, 2014, 10:03 AM

I hated losing as much as anybody and I agree with a lot of the criticisms. There's nothing I can add by rehashing them again. But I do believe there were also some major positives that we can take away:

Short-term:
1. Watson looked as good as anyone could have expected. I've been going to games for 25 years and he was the first Clemson quarterback i've seen play who made me think he could be a starter in the NFL. He will only get better.

2. Watson should get a lot of practice during the SC State game. He will have a chance to develop more chemistry with the veteran receivers, but maybe more importantly with Scott and Kitt. Choice and Gallman should also get significant playing time.

3. Adding all five of these to our offense could give us a different look on offense and an element of surprise against Florida State. I don't think Morris intentionally held anything back, but I think his comfort level with running plays that utilize the freshmen will be higher once they get some more significant playing time.

Long-term:
We have Watson, Scott, Kitt, Choice, and Gallman for at least two more seasons after this one. Next year they will be joined by Hyatt, Fruhmorgen, Ray-Ray, and Cain, all of whom are planning to enroll early. You have to believe the future is bright.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 490
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic