Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This summarizes how I felt about Morris Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,465

This summarizes how I felt about Morris Saturday

Sep 2, 2014, 9:32 AM

"I've been critical of The Chad many times in the past, because he frequently gives up on the running game when it works, despite saying, almost weekly, that we want to be a physical running team. At this point I'm convinced that is just horsecrap. He has no intention of being a physical running team, and he doesn't want to run the ball well. If he did, he wouldn't ever let DJ Howard touch a football, and Wayne Gallman wouldn't touch it just once in an entire game. Chad's playcalling in the 2nd half was Spence-esque. You have Peake matched on a LB in any Trips set, and you don't chuck it? You can go max protect Chad. Its in your book. Go max and run 4 verts, anything to get a spark. Field position be ######. Your QB is seeing the rush, getting rattled, and you won't take a shot just because you started inside the 30? ITS THE OFFENSE, RUN THE OFFENSE. If you won't give it to the good RB, and won't take your shot once per drive (hell once every other drive would've been enough), then what do you have? You didn't even target Jordan Leggett all night, and he's all I heard about for a month. He couldn't beat a LB one on one?"

BTW this came from another Clemson website

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sums up how I felt about Morris Saturday:

Sep 2, 2014, 9:33 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

The only thing I have never understood about the offense

Sep 2, 2014, 9:35 AM

is when they call that WR screen play that throws it over to a WR on the sideline and hopes they can get 3-7 yards. There were at least two different times in the UGA game that we called that twice in a row for no gain. I don't see what calling it the second time in a row does when it didn't work the first time.

Heck, we used to call that play 10 times a game with Sammy, and the only reason it worked was that he is a freakish athlete. I used to wonder the same thing even with him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

OH NO I'm having flashbacks of rob spence.....AHHHHHHHHHHH

Sep 2, 2014, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Oh, no no no no no no no

Sep 2, 2014, 9:40 AM

NO ROB SPENCE.

I love you, Chad Morris.

Please never leave!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Rob Spence Playbook:

Sep 2, 2014, 9:41 AM

bubble screen

that is all.

Re: Rob Spence Playbook:

Sep 2, 2014, 9:43 AM

Didn't wanna waste paper drawing up different plays .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he didn't weight but like a buck 25 so I always figured he

Sep 2, 2014, 9:44 AM

was a vegetarian tree hugger at heart.

Can't disagree with that.***

Sep 2, 2014, 9:39 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone should ask why he had no problem throwing it

Sep 2, 2014, 9:51 AM

into the defense 3 times from the 16/19 in the first half on the drive with williams' drops. uga sent pressure in the first half as well as they came off the offensive right on the peake touchdown[just one example].

something seemed to change from clemson's side; morris had a problem adjusting on the fly or a 5th year senior hasn't been given the green light to change at the los or other? or maybe they just waited too long to decide to take some shots hoping the d would change the field with a to. no matter, the damage was done in the third.

i also don't remember clemson moving the pocket. is that a deficiency in cole's game? hey, i like the coach, i hate the offense. it's fun to watch when it's going full xbox & it can be deadly, but like many things with too many moving parts, too many things can throw it off the track and in this case, i think our coaching staff did the derailing.

Re: someone should ask why he had no problem throwing it

Sep 2, 2014, 9:57 AM

deadsol: Amen

Something happens to Chad Morris during halftime.

Sep 2, 2014, 11:17 AM [ in reply to someone should ask why he had no problem throwing it ]

Whatever it is, I don't like it.

i'm with you cso. richt/bobo came out in the 2nd half with

Sep 2, 2014, 11:21 AM

some hurry up of their own. it got their offense/team "into it" quick, fast and in a hurry.

clemson was not prepared for the change of pace. i'm not sure it carried over to our offense, but it was aggressive and clemson wasn't when given the ball back.

Our defense actually did very well until 11 minutes left

Sep 2, 2014, 11:23 AM

the game. The defense dominated in the 3rd quarter until they were completely beaten down from fatigue. (see failed offense)

Our offense absolutely shut down for the entire 2nd half though.

UGA didn't take control until 8 min left in the game

Sep 2, 2014, 11:26 AM

Up and until that point the D was holding but they were continually put in poor field positions. I think UGA started every 4th quarter drive on our side of the field.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,465
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic