Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ya see...that what happens....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Ya see...that what happens....

Aug 29, 2014, 11:42 AM

when you spend the offseason believing in all of the BS, the hype, and the rhetoric you hear and read rather than working hard.

$CU spent the off season, the spring, and fall camp blowing-up their chests, patting each other on the a$$ and talking about how great they were going to be.

Meanwhile, A&M, who was getting very little preseason pub, went to work and got ready to play football.

The result, a 52 - 28 beatdown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Were you at the practices, watching them do this?

Aug 29, 2014, 11:45 AM

Or are you projecting the fans' attitudes onto the players?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No but I'm not blind either....

Aug 29, 2014, 11:47 AM

Did that team look ready to play to you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They looked like they had a lot less talent than A&M to me.

Aug 29, 2014, 11:49 AM

I didn't see a lack of effort/preparation as much as I saw a bunch of guys who were slower, weaker, and less skilled.

talent? How have your recruiting classes been rated lately??***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't follow recruiting. I think the whole exercise

Aug 29, 2014, 11:51 AM

is a complete farce (the recruting "ratings" and "rankings," that is). If these players were highly rated, as you seem to imply, then that proves my point.

ok. i guess Huge Banner slurrier vs. Sumlin had nothing to do with it.***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If you say so.***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:55 AM

good approach.***

Aug 29, 2014, 12:12 PM

Let's see if it works out.

Aug 29, 2014, 4:56 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No....I wanna see you say he wasn't outcoached....so there

Aug 29, 2014, 4:49 PM [ in reply to If you say so.*** ]

will be no misunderstanding...No margin you can try to hide in...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said so.***

Aug 29, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to If you say so.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I don't follow recruiting. I think the whole exercise

Aug 29, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to I don't follow recruiting. I think the whole exercise ]

I heard many pro-USuC talking all day yesterday about the beat-down they were going to put on TAM; most were predicting a 20-point margin or more. They were also talking about Slurrier was more confident this year than they had ever seen him. They were talking about the USuC offensive line being the best in the US.
When questioned earlier about the losses than USuC had on the defense, that was not going to be a problem.
I tell you what the problem is going to be -- keeping ECU from putting up 50!! USuC may win, but it won't be easy.
Get ready for a UGa roll while you're taking your blood pressure meds.

Maybe they're all freshmen or something, I dunno.

Aug 29, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to I don't follow recruiting. I think the whole exercise ]

I only knew the name of one of their defensive players before the game (Skai Moore). After the game, I still only know the name of one of their defensive players. That's how little any of them did that was impressive.

It looked like the USC training staff thought very little of

Aug 29, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to I don't follow recruiting. I think the whole exercise ]

the exercise too. Those cats were gassed in the first half, and they had an entire off season to prepare themselves physically.

Bottom line is every team receives a beat down from time to time. You just have to take it like a man and move forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The preseason pollsters sure didn't think so.***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to They looked like they had a lot less talent than A&M to me. ]

Preseason polls are almost as useless

Aug 29, 2014, 11:56 AM

as recruiting rankings. Almost.

Is that what they're saying over on FGF today?***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:57 AM

I try to stay away from there as a general rule.***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:58 AM

As a general rule, nobody enjoys talking to y'all....that's

Aug 29, 2014, 4:53 PM

why so many of you come over here...

How would he even know? He's always here trolling***

Aug 29, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Is that what they're saying over on FGF today?*** ]

Are you talking about the 9th ranked team in the Country?***

Aug 29, 2014, 4:48 PM [ in reply to They looked like they had a lot less talent than A&M to me. ]

I won't lie I enjoy Biggies perspective on the game

Aug 29, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Were you at the practices, watching them do this? ]

Last night.

Carolina was the better team, we were just lazy.

Interesting approach, but it makes me feel better knowing we weren't actually inferior to A&M last night.

Thanks Biggie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Hip - Hop 'o crit... you actually won..

Aug 29, 2014, 4:19 PM

Nick was the best receiver on the field! Wasn't that what you told me what counts, way back in the day (Troy Williamson)? That is still a classic k knee-slapper from you..

-Doc Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I get your sarcasm but he's saying, I think, that

Aug 29, 2014, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I won't lie I enjoy Biggies perspective on the game ]

they could have been the better team if they had worked harder and prepared better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you feel overated going into the game?***

Aug 29, 2014, 4:51 PM [ in reply to I won't lie I enjoy Biggies perspective on the game ]

Re: Were you at the practices, watching them do this?

Aug 29, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Were you at the practices, watching them do this? ]

Didn't have to be at practice, it showed up on the field. They never, through out the whole game, got a decent pass rush on the rookie QB playing on the road in a very hostel SEC territory. The Rookie was flipping the FB to open receivers instead of his middle finger back at the fans!!!! Haaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha, gotta love it y'all!!!! With lots of luck, the coots will maybe be an 8/4 or a 7/5 team. But no worries, they're in the SEC, they will end the season ranked in the top 12. They have an SEC QB, RB, FB, TE, WRs, and an SEC Defense. But but why did all those usuc SEC fans have that look of chit being wiped in their faces. Well, the Texas A&M fans had that all new to the SEC look on their faces. It looked something like this :)

I'm going by what their HC said....don't know about you...***

Aug 29, 2014, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Were you at the practices, watching them do this? ]

didn't the coaches say this might be the best defense they

Aug 29, 2014, 11:50 AM

have ever had?!

The gamecock D does not pass the eye test. They are small

Aug 29, 2014, 11:54 AM

and as a result they don't tackle well and they don't pressure the passer well. The average viewer could see that immediately.

That's what has to be a huge concern with the gamecocks. It will be hard to get much better with the lack of talent. I'm surprised their coaches didn't see that coming a mile away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and they weren't even close.***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:55 AM

Re: The gamecock D does not pass the eye test. They are small

Aug 29, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to The gamecock D does not pass the eye test. They are small ]

Looked like a great D to me! One that is going to end that streak at 5 in November... GO TIGERS!!!!

I think you nailed it.***

Aug 29, 2014, 12:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

"the banner" seems to be the pinnacle of their off season.***

Aug 29, 2014, 12:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple solution. Replace it with a 100 ft Spurrier banner.***

Aug 29, 2014, 4:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic