Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FB Update: USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire

Aug 27, 2014, 7:00 PM

USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire

Aug 27, 2014, 7:27 PM

Also makes a bicket of money . I think he stays for anything other than a major program job . He has his own guys here , and we are positioned very well nationally.
I love this dude !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 27, 2014, 10:28 PM

I'm with you on BV. He just seems to be a very good guy to play for and be around. And truly cares a lot about his defensive guys and assistants. I will really hate the day he leaves for any reason. I vote to put him in that 1 point what ever mil range to keep him happy at Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love our entire staff! If we can keep the staff intact for

Aug 28, 2014, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire ]

some time and combined with our recruiting, we have a chance to do some special things. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to have a run similar to the one fsu had in the 90's.

Aug 27, 2014, 10:35 PM

Has Brent ever said he aspires to be a HC? I know Morris is ready, and would take over the right job, but never heard Brent may be inclined to do so eventually as well. Thinking he stays put much longer.

Aug 27, 2014, 10:38 PM

Venables has done an amazing job though, so he will be on the radar for schools, Clemson has two of the best coordinators in the country to be sure, how much longer will they stay?

Brent left OU to get out from under Stoops and get...

Aug 27, 2014, 10:43 PM

his own gig.

Aug 27, 2014, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire ]

Here is a question for you. If Dabo left, who would you rather be your head coach between CM and BV?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slightly disappointed

Aug 27, 2014, 11:05 PM

My spiteful side is slightly disappointed in BV. After spending 13 years at OU, he couldn't bring himself to wear orange in his first year (maybe more?) at Clemson.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see him wearing the better orange of Clemson...but still, 13 years of dislike for the color orange is a lot to overcome. The childish/spiteful side of me still wishes he wouldn't wear orange. Purple, white, grey/gray...heck yeah! It would almost be a game/challenge for him to not wear orange.

Stupid responsibilities of being an adult get in the way of so many things...*heavy sigh*

Thanks for coming to Clemson Brent! I'm sure most of us hope you stay here for a long time.

ps - the orange does look good on you.

Re: Slightly disappointed

Aug 28, 2014, 1:31 AM

He looks good in purple too.

He's Clemson Orange... Back Off! Tell'em Coach V!***

Aug 28, 2014, 9:32 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive