Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good news about the Tigers leading career pointmaker:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 391

Good news about the Tigers leading career pointmaker:

Aug 27, 2014, 1:49 PM

Kicker Chandler Catanzaro boots a field goal against the Bengals Sunday night.

Chandler Catanzaro believes he can succeed as a rookie kicker in the NFL by ignoring outside influences when lining up for important field goals.

“How many fans are at the game, how loud it is really doesn’t faze me,” Catanzaro said. “I kind of get in a zone and block everything out.”

When Catanzaro learned Monday morning he had beaten out veteran Jay Feely for the kicking job with the Cardinals, he could not hide those same emotions.

“My whole family was just really ecstatic, as well as me,” Catanzaro said. “I teared up a little bit. It’s just a lifelong dream coming true for me.”

Catanzaro went undrafted in May but the Cardinals made a strong push to sign him, even though Feely and Danny Hrapmann were already on the roster. He has been flawless this preseason, connecting on 4-of-4 field goals, 4-of-4 extra points and sending kickoffs deep and high into the end zone.

Catanzaro’s stronger leg was the prevailing factor, as he displayed excellent kickoffs despite doing it sparingly in college at Clemson.

“I knew that was kind of my knock coming out, and I just worked my tail off,” Catanzaro said. “I knew I had it in me, I just had to rep it, and rep it the right way. I knew I had that bomb in me. I’m very excited about where my kickoffs are right now.”

He will be the sole kicker in Thursday’s preseason finale in San Diego, his first work without competition since joining the team. Catanzaro said he received positive vibes about his place in the kicking competition the past few weeks, but even with Feely gone, is still not taking anything for granted.

“With this line of business you probably never know,” Catanzaro said. “You’ve got to come out here every day and bring your ‘A’ game, and that’s what I try to do. I try to take every kick in the game like the game-winner.”

COOPER READY TO TEST TOE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 391
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic