Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Like it or not now is the time to become an ACC fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,587

Like it or not now is the time to become an ACC fan

Aug 26, 2014, 11:33 PM

With the upcoming kickoff of the playoff era it's now more important than it's ever been for teams in the ACC to win those OOC games. We also don't need the middle of the pack teams to lose to the in-conference bottom feeders. Too bad it's hard to tell who the middle of the pack is over there in the Coastal. Nonetheless, the records of the other teams in the ACC mean more to us now than they ever have before.

#RambleComplete

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like it or not now is the time to become an ACC fan

Aug 26, 2014, 11:47 PM

I think that if Clemson keeps the same type of scheduling as it has since Dabo took over we will be fine . Win 11/12 a year and with some luck you coild get a shor. As long as FSU and USuCk stay in the top 20 most years and we do what we do and win , the playoff should remain within our reach .....most years.
This conference is not as bad as ESPN would have you believe , the same as the SEC is not as great as they would have you believe.
Thank god that BCS formula crapola is gone , that was a farce.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

agreed...jus win...***

Aug 27, 2014, 12:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2014, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Like it or not now is the time to become an ACC fan ]

Lets face facts, we need to start winning our games before we get worried about getting left out of the national championship playoff. We have not got a national championship lately because we lose games, not because we run the table and get left out.

Aug 27, 2014, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Like it or not now is the time to become an ACC fan ]

IMO, what the ACC needs is 7 top-40 teams; 5 top 25 teams; 3 top 15 teams; 2 top 10 teams and 1 top-5 team each;** a few good OOC wins and for ND to place anywhere in the top 25.

If this happens, the other 7 teams could be straight doo-doo and it wouldn't matter. The ACC needs Miami, Va Tech, N. Carolina UL and maybe Ga Tech to do their part.

** It would be better if the top 10 teams where FSU, Clemson and Miami.

Aug 27, 2014, 12:59 AM

**correction** each season.

The BCS was fine. The worst part of the system was the

Aug 27, 2014, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Like it or not now is the time to become an ACC fan ]

human polls, and guess what - humans are still deciding who goes the playoff. Hopefully they can be a little smarter now that a poll isn't involved.

Many on here may disagree but you speak the truth***

Aug 26, 2014, 11:49 PM

Re: Many on here may disagree but you speak the truth***

Aug 27, 2014, 12:40 AM

Yes absolutely!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2014, 1:02 AM

I agree, Bent. Winning OOC games and keeping ACC teams' SOS high will be paramount. Gonna be hard pulling for UNC to do well but our W over them won't help much when they go 5-7. We need the league to do well and that's all there is to it.

Just take a look at Wisconsin's schedule

Aug 27, 2014, 1:24 AM

Do you think they would get into the playoff if they lose to LSU but beat everyone else? What if they beat LSU, but lose to a 5-7 Maryland team? In the playoff system you can suffer a loss, but only if the rest of the schedule can justify your inclusion.

It is what it is and there's absolutely no reason not to want the top 40% of the league to do well unless they're playing against us. So you can bank on my being a VT fan when they play OSU. I'll be pulling for FSU when they play UF and UL even when they play lowly Kentucky.

Barring an undefeated ACC, SEC, Big 12, & PAC-12 team,

Aug 27, 2014, 7:20 AM

yes, Wisconsin can and would probably make it into the playoffs if they lose to LSU and run the table...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

The playoff will largely be comprised of teams with at least

Aug 27, 2014, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Just take a look at Wisconsin's schedule ]

1 loss. I think in the 16 year history of the BCS title game, 19 of the 32 teams that participated were undefeated. Auburn also got left out after running the table in the SEC back in 2004, but i think they were the only undefeated major conference team to ever get snubbed.

Point being, you can typically only count on about 1 undefeated team per year, and maybe even less going forward since schools seem more willing to schedule big OOC games now. There should be 2-3 spots filled by teams with 1+ loss every year. Any 1-loss major conference champion will have a great shot of getting in.

Pulling for the ACC has

Aug 27, 2014, 7:12 AM

No effect on the game. I will never pull for UNC in aNY sport, same goes for GaTech and UVA.

an undefeated Clemson will not be left out

Aug 27, 2014, 7:35 AM

Of the playoffs. No need to be a fan of any other school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 27, 2014, 8:05 AM

The ACC just needs 4 strong teams to pull even with any other conference. Listening to some show the other day and they were saying the perception of conference power is skewed because, Going in to any year the SEC has at least 4 teams that if everything went as planned could win a Natty championship. they said, most other conferences only have 2. The ACC being one of them. In any given year the ACC only has 2 teams that could potentially vie for a natty you and FSU. Also, pulling for your conference just gives you another excuse to watch football, so why not. I think, you guys get Louisville and VT going your perception will change in the national media.

There really is no argument against this.

Aug 27, 2014, 8:42 AM

It is better for Clemson for the ACC to be perceived as a good conference.

Anyone who tries to argue that does so for purely emotional reasons and uses inconsequential evidence to legitimize their emotion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perception has nothing to do with who you

Aug 27, 2014, 9:02 AM

Support.

I will not start chanting acc.. unLess in Jest.
If Clemson wins thier games they are in the playoffs. If they lose then be at the mercy of opinion which I have l little sympathy for.

Earn it by winning and you have no worries. Clemson has the biggest say in Clemson getting into the playoffs by winning. That is a fact no matter how much you try to dismiss it as emotional inconsequential evidence.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 27, 2014, 9:24 AM

Totally agree. Strength of schedule will be a huge part of picking the 4 team playoff. The better the conference the better chance of getting in.

My prejudices against the ACC run 50 years deep; however,

Aug 27, 2014, 6:05 PM

you are right.

It serves no man any purpose to trash organizations to which he belongs. I agree that it serves us very well, if the conference succeeds.

That doesn't mean we have to become ACC homers, but we can certainly urge on our fellow members.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic