Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Looks like he's done...Sims looked really good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,527

Tajh Looks like he's done...Sims looked really good

Aug 22, 2014, 10:37 PM

Too bad..Maybe Tajh will get picked up by another team and he can GTFO NY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Tajh would be suited for Philly. I think he would be better

Aug 22, 2014, 11:25 PM

than Matt Barkley as the 3rd guy there. Tajh needs to go fast and make quick reads and Philly and Chip Kelly would give him that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh would be suited for Philly. I think he would be better

Aug 22, 2014, 11:29 PM

Tajh is gonna have a great career as a talking head for college football. Just not a pro qb. I personal would love to have him as a color guy for clemson games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh would be suited for Philly. I think he would be better

Aug 23, 2014, 9:24 AM

Agreed. I thought he would be able to hang on in the NFL a few years then move into an ESPN studio job. I think he will be good on camera if his heart is in doing the prep work for that job.

Tajh is not an NFL QB...

Aug 23, 2014, 7:00 AM

period. He had a great college career with some lofty numbers. However he has never been an NFL QB. I have said this for over 2 years, and yet people will argue he is til they are bu in the face. He played in a great system in college with unbelievable talent to spread the ball out to.
It is vastly diff in the NFL.

Re: Tajh is not an NFL QB...

Aug 23, 2014, 7:18 AM

Again with the " system " .
Every offense is a "system" . If you play in the read option at QB or you operate the veer ...it is a "system".
The argument that Tajh is not an NFL qb is valid , but it has nothing to do with what our scheme at Clemson is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Tajh is not an NFL QB...

Aug 23, 2014, 9:15 AM

Just went over to the Jets depth chart. They have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams. Then they have other. Both Tajh and Jacoby Ford are listed as other. I was surprised about Jacoby, not so much about Tajh.

sure it does

Aug 23, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh is not an NFL QB... ]

TB was successful here due to the system and the minimal reads. It is a react offense, not a read offense. In the NFL, you have to be able to read coverages, even if playing for Chip Kelly.

Some college systems use pro style offenses. These QB's are more ready to play in the NFL when they get there. Problem is, the high profile guys wanna play in a system where they can get gaudy numbers, ignoring what best gets them ready for the league.

There are a few exceptions. Gusy who can read and decipher coverages but went through a college system. They just have to learn it at the pro level. Point is, they are capable of learning it at the pro level.

Everyone thinks that Lane Kiffin was crazy for pulling Boyd's scholarship offer to Tenn when he took the job.....point is, Kiffin knew that TB couldn't play in his pro style system.

Kinda all makes sense now doesn't it?

The NFL is starting to go away from "pro style offenses"....

Aug 23, 2014, 2:20 PM

The NFL is using more and more spread. Just look at the Saints and Broncos, and most of the NFL. Even a running team like SF uses spread a lot. Get a clue, and keep up with how the NFL is evolving.

Lane Kiffin? GTFO. Terrible coach, who got over rated due to being co offensive coordinator with a better coach in Steve Sarkisian, only thing he is good at is cheating. With Tajh we won an ACC title and an Orange Bowl. Lane Kiffin got fired.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's kinda difficult to say he's this and that when he

Aug 23, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh is not an NFL QB... ]

just completely blew his chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

true***

Aug 23, 2014, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Tajh is not an NFL QB... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,527
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic