Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deon Cain still communicating several schools....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 5,925

Deon Cain still communicating several schools....

Aug 22, 2014, 3:09 PM

Per an interview (link below) with Cain at Florida's 247 site he says he is still talking with Florida, Notre Dame, Georgia, Auburn and Ole Miss. Planning on going to Clemson, UGA and UF for games during the season. Says UF and FSU are #2 and #3 behind us. Says he still 100% committed with us though which is a great thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools....

Aug 22, 2014, 3:17 PM

What if dating relationships were like college football recruiting. Hey I promise I am 100% committed to you, I just talk to these other 4 or 5 girls pretty regularly. I plan on going on some dates with them. Just hanging out though. You can't come. Oh they are still #2 and #3 behind you babe.

Sounds awesome***

Aug 22, 2014, 3:18 PM

Which really isn't committed at all.***

Aug 22, 2014, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Exactly***

Aug 22, 2014, 7:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

That's actually pretty much how it works these days

Aug 22, 2014, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools.... ]

Era of the "side chick(s)"

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're good enough, you can do it.

Aug 22, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools.... ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools.... ]

Sounds like ghetto gf hookups which leads to baby daddies

You mean that's not how you do it?***

Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools.... ]

Re: You mean that's not how you do it?***

Aug 23, 2014, 8:19 AM

I love my employer and I feel happy here . However , I am no fool to keep an open ear to offers that would greatly improve my situation going into the future.
It is not different for these kids ...accepting that they are not being paid .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 23, 2014, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools.... ]

Do we fully expect schools to stop calling him because he is committed to us. We don't stop calling guys who are committed elsewhere. Until he takes visits Im not worried.

Aug 23, 2014, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain still communicating several schools.... ]

Recruiting is not like a dating relationship. It's more like going to a party or bars with hot girls involved. It isn't who you go to the party with that matters, but it is who you return home with at night that counts!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 3:20 PM

UF's 247 site says Cain is still talking to other school's and that UF is number 2.

Aug 22, 2014, 3:20 PM

forgot the link...

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Everyone-still-after-five-star-Cain--30495528

Have people not learned this lesson yet?

Aug 22, 2014, 4:07 PM

It's gator writers, they've already been embarrassed by Ray Ray mccloud and his family why waste time on them, they're desperate and know they're going to be mediocre again. They had so much talent and still looked like a dumpster fire. Who would want to go there and have to worry about who the coach will be and if your coaches can put you in a position to win.

Aug 22, 2014, 3:22 PM

LOL!!! A thumbs down for talking about an interview with one of our top recruits! Can't all be sunshine and rainbows to whoever TD'd the post....D@UCHE!

Aug 22, 2014, 3:27 PM

oh no someone gave you a TD the horror

null

It could just be a young kid making the most of his

Aug 22, 2014, 3:45 PM

opportunities to visit places around the country for free..

That UF site is really reaching this week***

Aug 22, 2014, 3:47 PM

We should worry when folks STOP trying to steal our recruits !

Aug 22, 2014, 3:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: see Nkemdiche, Robert

Aug 22, 2014, 3:55 PM

Fool me once...I can't believe any recruit until
they move on campus!

Turns out Nkemdookie was not a good choice anyway.***

Aug 22, 2014, 3:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 4:00 PM

The kid is a Tiger. Florida can suck it.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

What bugs me the most about this...

Aug 22, 2014, 4:03 PM

isn't that he may choose to go somewhere other than Clemson... it's that some kids are dim enough to say something like I'm 100% committed to this school, but these schools are #2 and #3.

That doesn't make any sense at all. If you are "100% committed" there are no other schools. You are either a strong lean and still considering other schools... or you are 100% committed and no longer considering other schools.

How hard is it to teach a child that?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. He probably likes the attention

Aug 22, 2014, 4:08 PM

and hopes that means those schools he is ranking will shower him with it.

But, it is what it is.

Hope he comes to Tigertown.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Exactly. Unfortunately, a lot of the adults upon whom we

Aug 22, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to What bugs me the most about this... ]

rely to teach these kids don't know the meaning of commitment either.

I fully understand that 16-18 year-old kids change their minds with the wind, and that's fine; and I sure wouldn't expect a kid to spend 4-5 years at a school that wasn't really where he wanted to be. The thing is, they need to understand what it means to be committed, and then don't commit until you are certain you are ready to truly, fully commit. Wait until signing day if you have to, but don't "commit" and then go back on your word.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I Have To Teach Mine Daily

Aug 22, 2014, 7:41 PM

kids are so entitled these days. starting to sound like my old man. but there was a day when you could count on adults and kids to honor themselves. I have to assist my kids daily on how to take their commitments seriously. especially my high schooler. friends, school, etc. The examples they see on social media don't help. Theses kids watch adults do same crap and see nothing wrong with their choices. if he comes to clemson - so be it. If he opts out - so be it. Hopefully the people around him are teaching him honor and commitment. Florida - ###?!

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Use your brain this is coming from the gator section of 24/7

Aug 22, 2014, 7:13 PM [ in reply to What bugs me the most about this... ]

an $EC homer site. We are big threat to the $EC and 24/7 knows it. 24/7 can try to sway recruits to the $EC all they want, but it's not working.

Nice to have the crazy person's perspective.***

Aug 23, 2014, 11:34 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of adults haven't learned the meaning of commitment

Aug 22, 2014, 8:07 PM [ in reply to What bugs me the most about this... ]

not just high school kids.

Aug 22, 2014, 4:17 PM

Is this not the same site that upset Ray Ray's family by falsely reporting that he might still committ to UF? Seems like a butt hurt reporter trying to grasp at straws.

247 loves to stir the pot with these guys***

Aug 22, 2014, 4:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have all you "Negative Ninnie" not....

Aug 22, 2014, 5:12 PM

FIGURED IT OUT YET????

247, Rivals, Espin, Scout, etc...

ALL FAVOR the mighty S.E.C.

If this young man was committed to an "SEC" school...say "Florida", they wouldn't even MENTION that this kid was "taking visits".

They CANNOT, repeat Cannot STOMACH the fact that CLEMSON is ######, pillaging and plundering "SEC" country for elite talent. It's beyond their comprehension.

LET IT GO!! Ray Ray is a Tiger!! CAIN is a Tiger!!

CLEMSON is coming!! And the entire SEC and their BIASED beat writers can all KISS THIS Orange clad Tigers ####!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Death Valley...where opposing teams come to die...

Aug 22, 2014, 5:27 PM

Ben Hill Griffin...where WR go to be erased from memory

Aug 22, 2014, 6:01 PM

Deon Cain wants to commit to the Tigers, but he needs to talk it over with Lois, just to be sure! The kid sure looks like a superman out on the field, doesn't he?

24/7 is an $EC homer site, they can't stand we took another

Aug 22, 2014, 7:10 PM

5 star recruit from the state of Florida.

Glad that I'm not a recruiter

Aug 22, 2014, 8:02 PM

These dang needy kids, more attention, more attention. I'm committed but I still want to visit. That has to be exhausting for our coaches. Maybe the early signing period is a good thing.

Doesn't Deon play at the same HS...

Aug 24, 2014, 4:39 AM

as Ray Ray McCloud? I thought Deon was a strong recruiter for us with Ray Ray.

Regardless - I'm in agreement - you're either all in, or all out.

Ray Ray and his parents, along with many others, Deshaun Watson, etc., are great examples of what it means to be "ALL IN" while still at the high school level.

Replies: 37
| visibility 5,925
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic