Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Other than Peake, Humphries, Hopper, and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,502

Other than Peake, Humphries, Hopper, and

Aug 22, 2014, 2:59 PM

Williams (who I think is going to go beast mode this season), does anyone know who has stepped up in practice from the young receivers?

Any chance we see anything like Sammy a couple years ago in terms of a breakout guy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Other than Peake, Humphries, Hopper, and

Aug 22, 2014, 3:01 PM

Priester has the extra year, so he is the most ready, I believe. I think he will contribute in a Jaron Brown type role this year. Scott will see the field because of his explosiveness and Kitt has the ability to be great all around. I don't think you see a Sammy just because we don't need one of them to be a Sammy or a Nuke as Freshmen, like we did then. We have talented, capable guys in front of them, so that they can learn. We didn't have that in 2010 and 2011.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Artavis. Heard he's making plays, just needs to have some

Aug 22, 2014, 3:01 PM

field awareness

Clemson

Priester, Scott and Kitt have all looked good at times

Aug 22, 2014, 3:03 PM

Like most freshmen they're inexperienced and raw. I'd expect to see them make something close to a Williams production.

Artavis Scott

Aug 22, 2014, 3:03 PM

could show out...

Hingle McKringleberry***

Aug 22, 2014, 3:09 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably won't have one that will quite have the

Aug 22, 2014, 3:10 PM

impact that Sammy had, but I think we have a LOT of very good, talented receivers, probably a few great ones. We have just recruited too well at that position not to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Probably won't have one that will quite have the

Aug 22, 2014, 3:54 PM

I Say that we see that next year, or at least pretty close to it, in the likes of D Cain...I think this kid is going to be special.

Aug 22, 2014, 4:00 PM

I've heard Ty Zimmerman is going to have a big year.

Aug 22, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Probably won't have one that will quite have the ]

Absolutely no body outside of Clemson believe that we will have any WR production other than Peake or Williams. But that is like I've been saying. The know it all folks, they don't have a clue of what we really have. And they freely offer their opinions of what we can and can't be this year. By the end of the season they will know. But they will play it off as we had unexpected WRs step up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 4:06 PM

I think people know Humphries too. He has more career catches than Peake and Williams combined.

Aug 22, 2014, 4:04 PM

What about Renderick Taylor?

TIA

Aug 22, 2014, 5:01 PM

Humph will lead in receptions, Peake or Williams in yards.

Peake will get more yards and receptions than Humph

Aug 22, 2014, 5:38 PM

Humphries is awesome, but he's not enough of a big play threat to commandeer the majority of the receptions. He'll get lots of chances, but I expect Peake will be the #1 guy.

He was highly regarded coming in, is physically monstrous, and has a huge ceiling. It's time for him to get the lion's share and show out now that Sammy and Nuk are gone.

Aug 22, 2014, 5:04 PM

This years O will be more ball control and nobody will have big numbers.But there will be a lot of guys with good stats.

In regards to similarities of playing styles

Aug 22, 2014, 5:33 PM

Artavis Scott is a Sammy Watkins type WR
Demarre Kitt is a Nuk Hopkins type WR
Trevion Thompson is a Chansi Stuckey type WR
Kyrin Priester is an Aaron Kelly type WR

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, out of the freshmen, I believe

Aug 22, 2014, 5:35 PM

Scott and Priester avoid RS. Scott will do major damage at KR/PR when given the opportunity. Priester has reliable hands, Scott has the big-play ability that you just can't coach.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many you think we're gonna need.

Aug 22, 2014, 5:51 PM

Cause WE TOO DEEP!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our secret, forgotten, dependable weapon

Aug 22, 2014, 8:08 PM

D Rod! Not fast but doesn't drop the ball either. Just sit him out in the flat and let him get 5 - 8 yds. everytime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic