Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who has the most to lose?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 990

Who has the most to lose?

Aug 22, 2014, 10:50 AM

If Clemson wins, they beat another SEC team. If Clemson loses, well they lost to an SEC team.

If UGA wins, they win a game they were favored to win. If UGA loses it's the end of the world and Mark Richt is on the hot seat.

No matter how you look at it this game has a huge impact on UGA's season and livelihood.

I hope the Tigers wreak havoc and destruction on their program !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who has the most to lose?

Aug 22, 2014, 10:54 AM

Georgia... Mark will be on the Hotseat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 10:58 AM

Easy to answer: UGA has a ton to lose.

If they lose, and then must travel to USUC in 2 weeks, they could be 0-2, never to sniff the Top 10 again this year. Losing to CLEMSON - well - they might as well mail in the rest of the season, 'cause the dawgs are gonna stink like a dawg. Uh - ok.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on how you look at it

Aug 22, 2014, 10:59 AM

Georgia losing might put Richt on the hot seat, even though I'm not sure that's reasonable.

If we lose we pretty much would have to beat FSU in order to have a chance to crack the top-10 or 15 this season, in my opinion. Meanwhile, if they lose, they could be back in the top-15 by mid-season.

Also has playoff implications, too. They can probably make the playoffs with one loss. Not sure we could.

So, I guess we do?

A lot of that is based on total speculation though.

Let's just beat the Dawgs!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Depends on how you look at it

Aug 22, 2014, 11:22 AM

if UGA loses, it doesn't hurt them from winning the SEC East and they'll have more chances to redeem themselves.

if we lose, we're immediately relegated to tier-2 ACC, which is not good. yes, we could beat FSU, but if we do, they'll bring FSU down to our level rather than elevate us to theirs.

Re: Depends on how you look at it

Aug 22, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Depends on how you look at it ]

Depends a lot on the score. A blowout loss would be a major blow for either team.

Clemson. .

Aug 22, 2014, 12:56 PM

The game has no influence on conference championships. However, if Clemson Looses to Georgia and goes 13-1.. They could be left out of the playoffs. . Which is all that matters.

A loss to Clemson would not effect Georgia's sec champ possibility. The winner of the sec will be in the playoff, even if they have 2 losses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 22, 2014, 1:23 PM

Depends on how it goes down.

If we (UGA) were to lose by 10+, it would be disastrous because that would mean we will be starting 0-2.

If it is close and we lost, I think we would still have hope for a good season.

It is clearly more important game for UGA just from a timing perspective.

Replies: 7
| visibility 990
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic