Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Little League Teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Little League Teams

Aug 21, 2014, 10:24 PM

I remember when these teams came from suburban areas but now I see the top 3 teams in the USA are from Chicago, Philly and Las Vegas. Teams used to be from suburbs you've never heard of

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Little League Teams

Aug 21, 2014, 10:48 PM

The big city teams are able to pull from such a larger talent pool that there is no way for the smaller teams to keep up. Especially when it comes to pitching. The smaller teams do good but once their 1 or 2 ace pitchers are done they are ousted quickly.

Leagues are dropping Little League nationwide

Aug 22, 2014, 9:22 AM

Its very expensive to be a chartered Little League and so many parks and counties are moving to other sanctioning bodies like Babe Ruth, Dizzy Dean and Dixie Youth. Little League also has waivers and cost reductions for "underserved" areas to charter a Little League program.

Furthermore, many of the kids are going into travel or non-sanctioned leagues before they are 11/12. USSSA is growing as a sanctioning body for those teams/tournaments.

Re: Little League Teams

Aug 22, 2014, 9:47 AM

The good suburban kids are playing travel ball, I would bet every major suburb has a travel team that could wax any of those LL teams. I know in Georgia there are a few Dixie Youth teams that are better than anything LL has to offer in our state, at least, that is the way it was a few years ago.

Travel baseball is the way to go.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:36 AM

My son has played 104 games over the last 12 months. The team just finished 2nd in the USSSA World Series in Spartanburg.

Wreck ball sucks here in Pawleys therefore we abandoned it.

Re: Travel baseball is the way to go.

Aug 22, 2014, 12:16 PM

We pulled out of little league because of their rules and also field dimensions for prepping for middle school ball. Think about this, in travel ball, our 10u team was playing up to 11u. The mound was 4 feet farther from the plate and the base paths are 10 feet longer than little league. If 10 year olds can put it out on a 225 field, why are 13 year olds playing on it?

13 year olds don't even have to hit it well and they can clear the fence. A 70 mile per hour fastball from 46 feet away is stupid. That is why strike out numbers are so high.

No leading off is also dumb. Pitchers pitch out of the stretch at all times, etc. I coached and umpired little league and you couldn't pay me to go back.

Re: Travel baseball is the way to go.

Aug 22, 2014, 12:17 PM

Sorry, meant to say windup.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic