Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do fans get upset?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 726

Why do fans get upset?

Aug 21, 2014, 1:40 PM

Why do fans get upset over losing a player who ... got himself suspended for a huge game, wasn't particularly dedicated nor effective before the suspension, and then quit the team when faced with riding the bench on a regular basis?

I've seen the specious argument that we're "thin" at the position and that we'll miss the "depth" this particular guy in question would have provided.

To me, depth comes from the players who are giving 100% all the time.

Upperclassmen who are have been given a chance for several years and are still just sliding by and not totally committed won't help the team on the field when called upon.

These are the ones you want to transfer.

Even though the timing might be a bit disconcerting, better they check out now than when sent onto the field when an important game is on the line.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do fans get upset?

Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 PM

"To me, depth comes from the players who are giving 100% all the time."

Depth is having someone to step up and play at their position. I'd rather have both a guy who gives 100% and a guy who gives 80% vs having only a guy that gives 100%

We need people to be able to take over and fill in a void left from an injury, and not create a significant talent drop off. We are quickly losing people that play tackles. It can never hurt to have good depth there

Really?? I don't want any guy giving 80% ... ever.***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:45 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't necessarily mean that, I believe most players

Aug 21, 2014, 1:53 PM

Do give 100%. It does scare me how thin we are becoming on the line, and it's always good to have depth there. Its a hard position to switch people over to play at

Re: I didn't necessarily mean that, I believe most players

Aug 21, 2014, 2:04 PM

I agree with what you're driving at, but I really believe the coaches have been actively and effectively game-planning without S. Anthony all summer long. I have a hunch he was going to be hard pressed to even nail down the 2nd string RT this fall let alone compete for the starting spot and that's why he's moving on.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

di he or didn't he touch The Rock!?***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Really?? I don't want any guy giving 80% ... ever.*** ]

something about Jesus maybe. .I dunno. .

Aug 21, 2014, 1:46 PM

Compassion, caring. . Mumble jumble. .I dunno. Just stuff I see on tv every Sunday morning but don't see on the highway or at the walmart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm not upset. It is simple...if he could win the starting

Aug 21, 2014, 2:11 PM

job this year, the chances of him doing it next is going to be even tougher. It's like an injury, I hate it but next man up.

I enjoy the combination of euphoria and stress

Aug 21, 2014, 5:12 PM

isn't the word "fan" derived from "fanatic"?

Passion drives.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do fans get upset?

Aug 21, 2014, 5:25 PM

"Even though the timing might be a bit disconcerting, better they check out now than when sent onto the field when an important game is on the line."

To me, that is what it is all about...the timing is very disconcerting and it still feels better to have an extra body regardless. This proverbial light that every coach speaks of could have come on for Anthony by mid season.

I understand that if his motivation isn't there, then why let him remain on the team...but we've also seen some really great players who began looking elsewhere but then refocused and played lights out Ex. D. Allen and Leggett.

Replies: 9
| visibility 726
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic