Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Todd Gurley thread has me wondering...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The Todd Gurley thread has me wondering...

Aug 21, 2014, 1:39 PM

When a team has a key player (like Gurley, or Sammy last year for us), is it normal to put extra emphasis on that player to prevent him from being such a huge threat? It seems like teams would overplay Sammy, allowing other WR's to possibly get open. And I know we put a spy on some QB's that are a threat to run a lot. So - does our D focus on their keys and covering their lanes? or do we do something different for those key guys? Sounds like a double-edged sword to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Todd Gurley thread has me wondering...

Aug 21, 2014, 1:48 PM

it really just depends on if you have the personnel to stay in your base set. Bama doesn't do anything special other than reading the keys. of course, you don't want to not be conscious of a special player, but it does become a double edge sword to dedicate schemes to that one player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always liked the approach of not worrying so much

Aug 21, 2014, 1:48 PM

about one key guy, but worrying about stopping the guys around him.

One guy isn't going to beat you on his own. Stop everyone else.

Re: I always liked the approach of not worrying so much

Aug 21, 2014, 1:53 PM

Exactly, assignment FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2014, 1:50 PM

I understand what you are saying about putting to much interest on one player, and opening up the field for another. But BV is an assignment FB DC, and I think that our guys will play their assignments and play to the FB. Gurley is going to get his, but not enough to kill us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Id venture to say BV Focuses on Gurley HARD

Aug 21, 2014, 1:55 PM

you have to. Our defense is plenty tough enough to take a minor cut from the second edge on the sword. If you don't, Gurley impales you, splitting you in half.

Gap Control Wins***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

different coaches will do different things

Aug 21, 2014, 2:06 PM

And make adjustments.

You certainly won't know before the game.

If you think saban planned for muzzleberger the same as manzell you are foolish.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 21, 2014, 2:12 PM

They will focus on stopping what he does through playing disciplined defense. Gap control and staying in their lanes will be the key. Overall, you do not change your scheme, but if your secondary can lock down our passing game then you actually can focus on the run and stack the box more often. This leads to opening up the passing game some, but that will then fall on the hands of Hutson Mason and the O-line, and Receivers.

Pack it in and make him have to complete quick passes.***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:14 PM

Our defense 78 - 90 just lined and hit you in the mouth.

Aug 21, 2014, 2:15 PM

Opponents said they knew where we would line up, but we were just too tough and strong........DOMINATION!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic