Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I feel like the Brooks injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,586

I feel like the Brooks injury

Aug 20, 2014, 7:57 PM

May turn out to be somewhat of a blessing in disguise, as it will force us to give a very determined RB by the name of Wayne Gallman more carries.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel like the Brooks injury

Aug 20, 2014, 8:01 PM

I was hoping we would be forced to play the best backs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brooks also missed his senior year in high school due

Aug 20, 2014, 10:10 PM

an injury. Must be tough on him. He reminded of Andre Ellington minus the weight which I heard wasn't an issue anymore for him..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's going to be great for us, I was very impressed in the

Aug 20, 2014, 8:06 PM

spring game. It sucks zac went down but he will get better because of it he already packed on weight from last year, he will come back hungrier than ever. Does anyone know the specifics of his injury? It's sounding like an Achilles or completely broken foot.

Disagree... Going to miss his hands out of the

Aug 20, 2014, 8:06 PM

backfield... not only his running ability.

Re: Disagree... Going to miss his hands out of the

Aug 20, 2014, 8:11 PM

Then Stout needs to utilize our TE's a lot more

Re: Disagree... Going to miss his hands out of the

Aug 20, 2014, 8:17 PM

I think that is already the plan, shhh... dont tell DawgHumper.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure CCM already has that planned...

Aug 20, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Disagree... Going to miss his hands out of the ]

The point was ZB has the best hands out of the backfield... Like compared to DJH or CJD maybe...

He has only had 9 catches in his career not worries about it

Aug 21, 2014, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Disagree... Going to miss his hands out of the ]

O

Re: He has only had 9 catches in his career not worries about it

Aug 21, 2014, 12:09 AM

I believe 2 of those catches resulted in 6 points each... Those 6 points that made a difference in last year's game against UGA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Well that's one way to look at it.

Aug 20, 2014, 8:23 PM

The wrong way, but one way.

Depth is never a bad thing and it creates competition.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Who knows, but I think a RB is the area we would choose to

Aug 20, 2014, 8:45 PM

have an injury of this magnitude if we had to have one.

I at least feel pretty comfortable with our stable of backs. Not sure any of them are great, but all should be serviceable.

Blessing in disguise

Aug 20, 2014, 8:57 PM

Is the stupidest thing I have ever heard for an injury. You put the best players in the game. His injury is not a blessing. We need other guys to step up.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Blessing in disguise

Aug 20, 2014, 10:05 PM

Could not agree more

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

You're taking this completely out of context

Aug 20, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Blessing in disguise ]

You should apply for a job at The State Newspaper.

Yes, Brooks being out is a big blow. He's very talented. But my entire point was that it will give our other equally as talented (as stated by our coaches) a chance to get more touches. I was simply trying to put a positive spin on a negative situation.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're taking this completely out of context

Aug 20, 2014, 10:57 PM

Not saying you're being malicious. But using that phrase is not cool. Zac Brooks probably already read it. And that would be upsetting to me if I were him.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Aug 20, 2014, 11:23 PM [ in reply to You're taking this completely out of context ]

It wasn't a big loss production wise for the running game, but he was pretty good at stepping out as a slot receiver. He caught a TD pass against us last year. Losing a RB (Even though he was going to play alot of WR) is a big loss for you. You have inexperience WR's across the board.

Aug 21, 2014, 7:15 AM

We have experience at WR. Mike Williams, Humphries and Peake. They all have significant playng time

Aug 20, 2014, 10:53 PM

I gotta disagree with you.

I'll put it to you like this, when I was asked about our running game this off season, the first name I mentioned was Zac Brooks. He's a solid back who's also a threat catching flat routes as well as down the field with the wheel route.

We might not miss him and we have several other backs with the same capabilities, but from what I've seen so far he would've been my guy in the red zone.

Aug 20, 2014, 11:45 PM

Sorry to hear about Brooks injury, never want to hear about players getting hurt and missing their whole season!! So hopefully he can come back next year and tear it up for your team!!

Aug 21, 2014, 12:08 AM

Nah, it will still be a Running attack by committee. Who ever is hot that day will get most of the carries. Let us not forget what Adam Choice did to VIC Beastly. He ran him plum over. That is saying something right there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,586
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic