Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My hopes for Zac Brooks ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,037

My hopes for Zac Brooks ...

Aug 20, 2014, 7:14 PM

College athletes work hard. They work hard at school and they give everything else they have to their chosen sport. Their passion is a year around commitment. A commitment that if they carry that passion throughout their life they will be successful – no matter what path they choose.

In the unfortunate event they are injured like Brooks, especially with a season ending injury, they not only have to deal with the physical healing but also have a huge psychological barrier. The work becomes twice as hard – without the satisfaction of competition. The spark has to be hard to restart and is resisted with every painstaking repetition in therapy. If they are driven hard enough that spark will stay in their heart and reignite into a full-fledged flame.

I hope and pray that Brooks heals quickly, is able to stay focused, works hard and comes back at a record setting pace for the remainder of his career at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^DITTO^^^***

Aug 20, 2014, 7:19 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1.***

Aug 20, 2014, 7:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: totally agree and don't forget to send up a few prayers

Aug 20, 2014, 7:39 PM

For his parents. I've been through a broken foot, high ankle sprain, torn meniscus (required surgery) with my daughter. She's only a high school sophomore (and he!! No am I posting pigs for this bored) and it is almost as hard on us as it is her. Can't imagine when your kid is off at college and you can't be there for them like you can when they're at home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Amen.***

Aug 20, 2014, 11:06 PM

Re: My hopes for Zac Brooks ...

Aug 20, 2014, 11:11 PM

This is the best thing for brooks. The staff made a mistake by not redshirting him. I thought they should have done this move when he didn't gain weight this summer. Now he can focus on putting on the 20 pounds he needs.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,037
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic