Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Connor Shaw didn't get the job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,183

Connor Shaw didn't get the job

Aug 20, 2014, 8:34 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000380972/article/browns-name-brian-hoyer-starting-quarterback?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

Hoyer been named starter and Manziel back up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Practice squad***

Aug 20, 2014, 8:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

He played pretty well, best of luck to him.

Aug 20, 2014, 8:55 AM

That kid torched us and has guts.

Re: He played pretty well, best of luck to him.

Aug 20, 2014, 8:58 AM

Glad he's wearing orange now

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Yep, I was glad to see him go.***

Aug 20, 2014, 9:01 AM

Re: Connor Shaw didn't get the job

Aug 20, 2014, 9:02 AM

Man he sure made the most of the limited time they gave him. Someone somewhere will give him a shot.. or they are dumb if they dont.

He would look different going against 1st and 2nd

Aug 20, 2014, 1:13 PM

teamers. He was playing against guys that will be pumping gas with him next month!

Re: He would look different going against 1st and 2nd

Aug 20, 2014, 1:39 PM

Wow, considering what he did to Clemson in his time in college I would have thought a little more respect would have been due. Of course he didn't look like he was playing against first or second teamers then either.

NFL is a different game. So,,,, Premium grade please!!!***

Aug 20, 2014, 1:41 PM

Aug 20, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: He would look different going against 1st and 2nd ]

Tim Tebow- greatest college player ever

You tell em coot.

Aug 20, 2014, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: He would look different going against 1st and 2nd ]

Hey, what was 0-21 like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

USC #####... I wouldn't expect you to know what respect is.

Aug 20, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: He would look different going against 1st and 2nd ]

But I personally counted 4 replies that showed Connor a lot of respect... I swear Gamecocks only see/read what they choose to.. It amazes me...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, gamecocks read.***

Aug 20, 2014, 6:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 20, 2014, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: He would look different going against 1st and 2nd ]

Here is an idea obsessed loser stay on your own board if you dont like what is being said.

null

Aug 20, 2014, 9:46 AM

Browns fan here but they are all bad. Not a decent quality in the lot.

Since CB came back they haven't won even a third of their games

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that job. He's battling for a practice team job for a

Aug 20, 2014, 1:08 PM

team that hasn't won a championship since the 1960's. At least he can hold up 5 fingers... Get ready to pump gas son!!!

Re: Not that job. He's battling for a practice team job for a

Aug 20, 2014, 3:11 PM

> team that hasn't won a championship since the 1960's.
> At least he can hold up 5 fingers... Get ready to
> pump gas son!!!

If he doesn't make it in football he will be jumping out of airplanes fighting for our country. You don't have to like him but you should at least treat him with respect, he's a fine christian young man that gives 100% in everything he does.

Re: Not that job. He's battling for a practice team job for a

Aug 20, 2014, 7:53 PM

Off topic a little bit, but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyways...can we wait until he is actually jumping out of airplanes and fighting for our country before we give him the respect of doing those things. Conner Shaw is a gamer. He beat us handily every time he played us.

I swear every time someone brings up Shaw and the NFL, a SCAR fan runs to his rescue saying he is going to be doing all of these things in the military, so he deserves respect. Until he actually does any of those things, he doesn't deserve those accolades. Talking about doing something and actually doing it are two very different things. The day Connor Shaw graduates from his MOS school, I will be glad to call him my brother, until then, let's just hold off on declaring him John Rambo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2014, 2:14 PM

I have a feeling he will make 3rd string, Browns fans fell in love with him after the other night's performance. If Rex Grossman is so great why was he available and brought in at the last minute. With the exception of the Browns (16 different QB's in 10 years) the 3rd string QB is just the guy who holds a clipboard and sends in signals and never sees the field.

There must be something to this thing about

Aug 20, 2014, 4:48 PM

Spurrier's system. His QBs do well in college, but it doesn't translate into the pros. Who was the most successful in the NFL? ... Grossman?

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,183
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic