»
Topic: New Story: Jadar Johnson turning heads in the "No Fly Zone"
Replies: 11   Last Post: Aug 18, 2014 7:36 PM by: slumdog
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11   Pages: 1  

New Story: Jadar Johnson turning heads in the "No Fly Zone"

[2]
Posted: Aug 17, 2014 11:19 PM

Jadar Johnson turning heads in the "No Fly Zone"

Sophomore safety Jadar Johnson earned praise from head coach Dabo Swinney during spring practice, and he has continued to impress during the fall. What is the difference in his game? What does he say about the competition with Jayron Kearse? Full Story »

Re: New Story: Jadar Johnson turning heads in the "No Fly Zone"

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 3:53 AM

One thing I've noticed this spring and fall, the players are really saying the right things.
"It's not about me. I just want to get better every day and help the team this season."
"Preseason accolades mean nothing. If we're still there in December then it will mean something."
If they're actually living that and not just spitting coach rhetoric, these guys have the mentality to win and perform at a high level. We'll see in under 2 weeks.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 7:17 PM

Anyone noticed that he came in at less than 190 and now weighs 207? That means he's been in the weight room and
has some commitment. At this size, he can bring the lumber on a tackle as well as cover. My feeling is that his comprehension of assignment football exceed that of Jayron's at this point. Interesting competition. We sure as he$$, can't stand those busted coverages that cost us touchdowns last year.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 7:28 AM

I'm glad to hear this confidence and I'm encouraged by it. I hope they can back up their self given name.
GO TIGERS

Who are the 4 other experienced safeties? Smith and?***

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 8:17 AM

Smith, Kearse, Johnson, Blanks, Wiggins

[1]
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 8:29 AM

Have all played the safety position at one time or another.

I like to hear good things about the secondary.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 8:38 AM

If that unit plays well we will see the best Clemson defense in a VERY long time. Go Tigers!!!

Would Johnson be good for the Nickle spot?

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 12:03 PM

From reading this it seems with his size & coverage skills we could use him as a 5th FB where both he and Kearse are on the field.

I love to hear of the progress we're making on D. Our DL will make our secondary even better this year.

Can't wait to see some Nasty Tiger defense this year!!

If one were to move, I think it should be Kearse to SAM/NB.***

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 7:24 PM

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 6:09 PM

Can't wait to see some Nasty Tiger defense this year!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 7:36 PM

Man I hope so. We'll need it. UGA---they have 3 elite backs, and from what I understand one of the best OL's in the country. We, as yet, don't have a viable threat at RB, which I think Stoudt will need. Also, our OL remains a big question mark. UGA will be an extremely difficult game that they will be heavily favored to win. All the talk and bluster not-withstanding, August 30th will tell a whole lot about a this team.

Butchb called this over a year ago....***

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 7:20 PM

kudos to him

Replies: 11   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: One (1) Ticket in the Lower Stands - Section R - for Clemson versus Georgia Tech, Clemson versus Flo...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
2244 people have read this post