Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Byron Cowart per Rivals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,687

Byron Cowart per Rivals

Aug 9, 2014, 3:06 AM

We are listed as high interest for him. I know we have a lot of DE so for this class, but this guy is certainly a take if he wanted to commit. Right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't heard much of him

Aug 9, 2014, 3:19 AM

I don't know if we are still recruiting him or not. Might just be a backup plan if we don't get Huggins or Settle. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't heard much of him

Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM

Cowart plays a totally different position than either of them. He is also rated higher than either one of them and would be a take regardless of how many we sign.

Re: I haven't heard much of him

Aug 13, 2014, 10:07 AM [ in reply to I haven't heard much of him ]

Byron Cowart is the Nations #1 player with many publications
Big motor, and better than Huggins and Settle.
Settle is over weight and sloppy looking, go to the opening highlights, over rated

Re: Byron Cowart per Rivals

Aug 9, 2014, 3:20 AM

Yeah. I have to imagine the coaches would make the number work.

We have 20

Aug 9, 2014, 3:34 AM

Players committed now plus three greyshirts that go on scholarship in January and also a player at prep school. That's 24 scholarships as of today we have 21 seniors so we're currently 3 over now. We should get Huggins, Bailey is 50/50, Settle is also an option. If we get all three that puts us six over. We really don't have any juniors that will be leaving early and I can't see us having six kids leave the program.

This is why I really don't were still actively recruiting all these players like Campbell,Coward, or anyone else.

Re: We have 20

Aug 9, 2014, 3:39 AM

My humble opinion is we are getting to a point in the program where we can't be handing out favors. Are the Davis twins really worth turning down 4 or 5* talent? How about Greenlee? He, IMO, is a guy that will play special teams and mop up duty if he is lucky. If he has moved to TE, what are the chances of him playing with all the talent in front of him?

I guess I have to trust the staff on this one. I could have seen taking these guys 5-6 years ago, but right now is not the time to have scholarships taken up on projects or special favors. Isn't there also a possible favor out there for Dawkins' son?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 3:45 AM

You can't take them away at the last minute and coach Swinney is a man of his word so they will keep their scholarship.

Greenlee will play this year in short yardage as a H back. I think he will be productive. I have no idea how good the Davis twins are, but 2 or 3 scholarships out of 85 isn't going to make or break the program.

Aug 9, 2014, 3:50 AM

Good point. I wasn't suggesting pulling their scholarships. I just wish we had room for the big guys if they choose to come.

Aug 9, 2014, 3:55 AM

I agree but if you choose to wait on them you have to turn down some of the early commitments and they may go elsewhere. I know Bowden did that several years in a row with OL and it cost us in the long run.

Aug 9, 2014, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: We have 20 ]

I thought that Greenlee had moved to the D side of the ball, and was going to play Corner. I'm sure I read that from off the board this past week. Something like he was going to be a great fit there. Just don't quote me on it, and I'll look and see if I can find it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No that was Green and playing safety. Greenlee was 245lbs at

Aug 9, 2014, 8:55 AM

Weigh in

Dang - that kid looks like a full grown man already -

Aug 9, 2014, 7:26 AM

Spots filling up, but wow. This kid's definition is incredible at 17/18 years old.

Ummm yea....

Aug 9, 2014, 8:58 AM

If the #1 recruit in the nation decided he wanted to be a tiger, we would take him. With that said, we made his top 4or 5, but were on the bottom end of the interest level of those 5. I'm sure we're still in contact with him but don't expect to land him.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,687
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic