Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Following tragic accident, Carlos Watkins on the road to recovery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,821

New Story: Following tragic accident, Carlos Watkins on the road to recovery

Aug 5, 2014, 9:41 PM

Following tragic accident, Carlos Watkins on the road to recovery

Every time Carlos Watkins looks down at his shoes or sees the scars on his arms, he remembers the accident that almost took his life and claimed the life of a childhood friend. Finally on the road to recovery, Watkins looks back at that night and ahead to his future. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Channel that emotion, Carlos

Aug 5, 2014, 10:05 PM

Into football intensity and flatten some leghumpers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

What a courageous young man...

Aug 5, 2014, 10:39 PM

so fortunate he is a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Following tragic accident, Carlos Watkins on the road to recovery

Aug 5, 2014, 10:45 PM

Chase High and R.C. are behind you 110% big guy! Can't wait to see you back on the field this fall!

Trojan Pride and GO TIGERS!!!!!

Very happy to see this young man getting it

Aug 5, 2014, 11:33 PM

back together after a tragic loss. I believe it was DaQuan Bowers who lost his father at a very inopportune time a couple of years back. And he recovered, but it took time.

Cars don't just somehow mysteriously "lose control". The drivers are usually distracted or driving too fast for conditions (curves, wetness, etc), so I suspect this the case.

I look for Carlos to do some big things this year, for the love of the game, and in memoriam to his buddy Sheeke.

sure they do

Aug 6, 2014, 8:15 AM

I hydroplaned off the road going about 45-50 mph on a straightaway 55 speed limit zone. It had rained earlier and roads were wet, but it was nothing you don't see every day. I was not in a hurry, not distracted - just hit a puddle the wrong way; next thing I knew I was spinning into a ditch.

You can say I was driving too fast for conditions, but if that is true you must drive 35 for several hours after it rains.

You can't imagine how easy something like that can happen until it happens to you. I was just lucky that I was the only car on the road at the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sure they do

Aug 6, 2014, 8:32 AM

They sure can!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very happy to see this young man getting it

Aug 6, 2014, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Very happy to see this young man getting it ]

You're ignorant to assume and suggest the driver was acting irresponsibly or was distracted....plenty of serious and fatal wrecks happen in rainy, wet conditions when people are driving even below the speed limit with both eyes peeled. I'd suggest that we are fortunate the driver WAS paying attention and driving responsibly otherwise Carlos may have been injured much more severely!! Carlos lost his best friend in a tragic accident that could have happened to all of us & your dumbazz has to vocalize your idiotic assumptions....looser!! Carlos, we're all thrilled you're back and look forward to seeing you kick ### on the field and honor your best friend, Sheeke's, memory!! Ignore the moron's who make idiotic statements like the guy I'm responding too.
God Speed!

Agree that was an "idiotic assumption"!***

Aug 6, 2014, 2:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot he started Ga. game last year and how good he is

Aug 6, 2014, 2:41 PM

Wow, what a defensive line!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,821
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive