Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going to see Sammy and CJ in Charlotte Friday-need advice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,330

Going to see Sammy and CJ in Charlotte Friday-need advice

Jul 31, 2014, 8:59 AM

Going for the Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers preseason game in Charlotte on Aug. 8.
1).I don't have tickets--I figured with it being a preseason game there would be plenty available, correct?
2)Where to buy tickets? Safe to buy?
3)Also thinking about staying Friday night and taking my boys to the Whitewater Center-Never been before advice?
4)Where to stay in Charlotte?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

There are a number of hotel options in uptown Charlotte....

Jul 31, 2014, 9:18 AM

many of which are well within walking distance to Bank of America Stadium. The Westin Charlotte, The Hilton Charlotte Center City, the Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, The Charlotte Marriott City Center, and the Courtyard Charlotte City Center are five that immediately come to mind. Lots of dining options too.

The US National Whitewater Center is back down I-85 in the vacinity of Belmont Abby College (off Moores Chapel Road) which is about a 20 minute drive from the Uptown Charlotte area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Going to see Sammy and CJ in Charlotte Friday-need advice

Jul 31, 2014, 9:21 AM

You'll have no problem getting tickets outside the gate.

The Whitewater Center is a good idea, but don't overexpect. It's not an amusement park. If they want that experience, just go to Carowinds. BTW, the Whitewater Center isn't exactly easy to get to. There isn't a direct route right off the interstate even though it is only half a mile away on the Catawba river.

As for where to stay, that depends on what you like. You could try the Ballantyne Resort if you have the money or stay downtown. The airport area is realtively equidistant between the stadium and the whitewater center.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jul 31, 2014, 9:37 AM

or you could drive down to york and drink a beer at the social club. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. Use Stubhub - you may get scammed outside of stadium

Jul 31, 2014, 9:21 AM

2. Whitewater is fun - huge zip line. 4. Uptown Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn. Also, a good place to eat is called Nefelie's (Greek food) in the Latta Arcade.

I work right beside the stadium at the Charlotte Observer newspaper.

Jul 31, 2014, 9:48 AM

You can definitely buy tickets there, and you might save some. If I go with buddies of mine that's what I do and Ive never been sold counterfeit tickets or heard of anyone buying counterfeits or having a bad experience with the scalpers. Its actually the same people everytime, either the south gate or east gate is usually where most of them hang out. But if I ever bring my wife or daughters or a client I buy ahead of time and this is usually the best website to buy from http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Carolina-Panthers-Tickets-at-Bank-of-America-Stadium-in-Charlotte-8-8-2014?PID=1554283

Whitewater Center is a blast, and your sons would love it, there's stuff for any age really.

As far as the hotel Id stay somewhere convenient to downtown so you don't have to drive and park to the game, go to www.hotwire.com and there should be some good rates for places in or close to downtown. But anything by the airport will be close to whitewater center and driving into downtown for the game and anything else you want to do or see is easy.

On a side note, if youre wearing Clemson gear prepare to hear from the tarholes about how awesome their football and basketball teams are gonna be this year, and be prepared for a growing number of coot fans.

I would LOOOOVE for any tarholes to give me crap and see

Jul 31, 2014, 10:11 AM

how that turns out for them.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: I would LOOOOVE for any tarholes to give me crap and see

Jul 31, 2014, 11:03 AM

haha, I hear you brother. They might be all hopped up on white wine though, and feeling especially tough! They'll never learn.

Enjoy the game!

Jul 31, 2014, 11:28 AM

If you want a neat place to stay, check out Aloft near the EpiCentre. Eat at The Tavern on The Tracks - great football atmosphere. I've bought tickets outside of the stadium from individuals, just don't buy a ticket printed from the internet. There will be people tailgating, should be a good time.

Charlotte

Jul 31, 2014, 5:27 PM

Theres lots of hotels walking distance to Panthers stadium. I stayed at Courtyard Marriott for one ACC Champ game which was nice and reasonably priced. I've also stayed at the Marriott downtown on my wedding night and for a bachelor party which is also night. Plenty of other nice hotels close by just map it and make sure it's walking distance. Downtown Charlotte is very nice and as long as your inside I-277 there isn't much worry about crime unlike other major cities downtowns. The Epicenter is where to go for the party after or before the game. I'm going to the preseason game as well and as a life-long Panthers fan am actually having second thoughts for the first time about who to cheer for ( I guess Panthers but I want to see good things from my Clemson brothers)

Jul 31, 2014, 6:07 PM

Tickets will be plentiful. If you pay more than half face value you are paying too much. Season ticket holders are forced to buy these and a sizeable amount of those season ticket holders don't go and dump them for whatever they can get. You should be able to get great seats at pennies on the dollar. If you don't want to deal with scalpers with your kids around try stubhub or the nfl ticket exchange but they will practically be giving these tickets away shortly before kickoff.

I haven't been to the whitewater experience but the one person I know who has took his two highschool aged sons and raved about it.

If you are looking to entertain kids, I have stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge when I've taken my kids in the past. It has a giant indoor waterpark.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,330
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic