Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If SC left the SEC, would the SEC even notice?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

If SC left the SEC, would the SEC even notice?

Jul 31, 2014, 8:55 AM

With all the conference re-alignment that’s happened the last few years, and as much as SC fans like to gloat about their membership in the SEC, it leads me to ask that question and others.

What does SC bring to the SEC table that would be missed if they left? How easy would it be for the SEC to replace them? Who needs who the most?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If USuCk left, the SEC would suffer a horrible loss.

Jul 31, 2014, 8:58 AM

Well, not the whole SEC but UK would have no one to laugh at.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$CU was a fall-back school for the $EC....

Jul 31, 2014, 9:03 AM

after Texas and FSU declined invitations to join the league. Most of the other $EC member schools view $CU as a red-headed step child who brings very little to the table. Their fans are widely regarded and some of the most ignorant and deluded in all of college athletics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC....

Jul 31, 2014, 9:19 AM

come on guys this is silly. Sure in the 90s and early 2000s the SEC would have never noticed SC was gone.

I would say with 2 natty champs in baseball, women's basketball is top 10, 3 11 win seasons and multiple top 10s in football recently, womens soccer was top 10 they are quite a force in the SEC currently

now that questions asked years ago would hold water. However, you are talking about a football program with no history. Just discussing their lack of history now when things are going great looks like sour grapes.

I understand the feeling, Clemson fans have 2 ways of thinking. Love the fact that this is the best run in Clemson history and national notoriety is at hand and things are going well, or have sour grapes because at the same time this great stuff is happening at Clemson it is also happening at SC. I choose to be pleased that both in state schools are doing well and enjoy when the competition is better and the state looks better

I choose not to tout 63-17 or the overall win streak over sc mainly because in the same breath people say SC sucks and has no history. Well then what does it mean that Clemson owns the series over SC if they have no history then that doesn't say much for Clemson, it was a game that should have been won every year.

Live in the now and the facts are both schools are doing great. Clemson will finish with a top 3 recruiting class. SC will drop due to being full while Clemson and other big programs will add high level recruits closer to signing day. SC is done maybe room for 2 more that wont be big time players that are still on the board for teams like Clemson. So there is a factual victory, the recruiting battle is won by Clemson this year. So things are good all over the state, makes for a more enjoyable and even game in late November

I try to stay away from the rabid fans who say the series is owned by Clemson and SC has no history. They are too foolish to understand how foolish they are

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2014, 9:22 AM

I dont understand why both schools cant be good, our state and rivalry is becoming ore prestigous every year bc the success of both schools. Fans dont have to like eschother but SC's success benefits Clemson and vice versa.

Hey, did you know?...

Jul 31, 2014, 11:15 AM

Did you know it occasionally rains in the Atacama Desert? Your success in football has been even less frequent. Please stop imagining that you've become relevant in college football. It's like rain in the desert, except at a lower rate.

Re: Hey, did you know?...

Jul 31, 2014, 12:34 PM

even sillier. The point was that the topic is not relevant now due to recent success, however it has been there for years. To discuss SC relevance in the SEC now is silly. To discuss the relevance years ago is legitimate and laughable. No they were not relevant. Now, how could anyone not say they are not relevant, higher rankings the last 4 years and more wins than Clemson. I would say both are relevant to their conference currently. Of course Clemson has done more over time, however, the only national champs either can discuss in the last 30 years are womens track and field, golf, baseball, etc

Someone mentioned wins over 2nd tier Big Ten teams
Well, I think those wins are 2 over Ohio st teams, 1 Michigan, 1 Wisconsin

Those are the best the big 10 has to offer.

Both teams are good you just look silly putting down a team that has spanked Clemson by double digits the last 5 seasons. Sounds so juvenile

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah buddy...

Aug 1, 2014, 7:17 AM

You mentioned a bunch of 7-5 and 8-4 teams which weren't good enough to beat the better Big 10 teams in those years. You also mentioned relevance from "years ago" then brought two wins against an Ohio State team that went 15-9 in the two years you beat them in 2000 and 2001. Are you aware that was "years ago". And by the way, speaking of Ohio State, who was the best team in the Big 10 last year, and how many games in a row had they won?

And too, this thread has NOTHING to do with the wild anomaly streak you have against us. It's about the obvious fact the SEC wouldn't give a rat's a$$ if you disappeared from the league and the other fact is you're miniscule, 5th place blip on the 22 year old SEC football radar has done nothing for the league.

Instead of letting your #### feelings get involved, try to stay more focused on the subject and the facts. As it is now, unfortunately your delusional hogwash fools no one but yourself.

Aug 1, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC.... ]

I second this comment. Our in state rivalry sucks and we gain nothing by playing it anymore. You and SCU can use your game as a springboard because both teams are always ranked when you play it. Us, and Tech, not so much.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH I really neede that good laugh

Jul 31, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC.... ]

bragging about ALL your women's success. I bet you really are proud!!

Jul 31, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC.... ]

Come on man…baseball and women’s basketball?!?!

I literally spit my coffee out on that one.

Heck, I’ll give you our two in soccer and one in golf just so the total will add up to something worth half a crap.

Womens basketball!! LOL!!

The problem is for you that Clemson does have a history even

Jul 31, 2014, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC.... ]

without the domination of USuC. I mean double digit conference titles, visits and wins in such bowl games as the Cotton and Orange, Hall of Fame Coaches, etc.

So while you may not have any history up until 5 years ago we have it since John Heisman. Oh, and now it is on the way back with more titles and more post-season games.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL/DR***

Jul 31, 2014, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC.... ]

C0cks are hilarious..

Jul 31, 2014, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC.... ]

You're hilarious. Coincidence? I think not.

The SEC doesn't give a rat's ### about uSC. Save for a couple obscure bowl games against 2nd tier Big 10 teams and the like, and some non-revenue baseball success, the hind-tit sucking c0cks have done nothing to help the league. You've been leeching off the big boys for most of 22 years, and the little blip on the radar you were able to achieve in the last few years has done nothing to outweigh that.

Nobody is buying your delusional nonsense. Are you convincing yourself?

Jul 31, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to $CU was a fall-back school for the $EC.... ]

BigCUFan,
I find your comment highly insensitive to red-headed step children..LOL

Ginger...?***

Jul 31, 2014, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the powers that be made the decision to bring them in for

Jul 31, 2014, 9:31 AM

another easy win and that worked for a couple of decades until the other members of the sec-least started to fall off the map in a way that had never been done before. That opened the door for sc to position themselves for some trips to ATL but have not been able to fulfill "the dream" except for the one year when they made it and was beaten convincingly.

SCAR would rather torch the entire school than leave the SEC

Jul 31, 2014, 9:55 AM

They would no longer have any reason to live. Hmmmmm....that's an interesting idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the SEC is king

Jul 31, 2014, 10:04 AM

and every court needs its fair share of suck-ups, sycophants, and jesters.

The SEC would REALLY miss Scar

Jul 31, 2014, 10:35 AM

The SEC NEEDS Scar!!!

Where do you think the OFFICIAL SEC landfill is located?

COLUMBIA, SC!!!

Where do you think the OFFICIAL SEC doo doo ice facility is located?

COLUMBIA, SC, baby!!!

Without Scar, where would the SEC put their crap?

~JKB

Unlike Tulane and Georgia Tech,

Jul 31, 2014, 12:57 PM

Nobody would ever ask if South Carolina was once a member when looking at the list of SEC champions.

Re: If SC left the SEC, would the SEC even notice?

Aug 1, 2014, 8:17 AM

Pretty sure,SEC money people would miss SCu. Last year for instance, ESPN could have been called the Jadaveon channel.

Yes

Aug 1, 2014, 9:38 AM

The collective IQ would improve.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic