Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frankly, I was looking forward to the trip to Nashville...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 633

Frankly, I was looking forward to the trip to Nashville...

Jul 30, 2014, 2:21 PM

to play Vandy more than a return trip to Auburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Maybe stop by on the way to Louisville in '15...***

Jul 30, 2014, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you think Auburn? Is this all about recruiting?

Jul 30, 2014, 2:27 PM

For Dabo and Clemson who have lost some recruits to AU over the last couple of years why not beat them a couple more times and show you can play big-time SEC teams if you come to Clemson -- even the team you are thinking of committing to.

For Auburn who has now lost a couple of recruits to Clemson--could they be thinking the same thing:

Nail meet Hammer. But which is which?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what the motivating factor....

Jul 30, 2014, 2:35 PM

behing this decision was. Had the Athletic Department taken a fan poll, I firmly believe an overwhelming majority of the fans would have preferd a match-up with a team like Florida or Tennessee rather than Auburn.

That said, I do know Clemson has made a number of attenpts to reach-out to several teams from the $EC, Big 12 and Big 10 over the years with no success (Michigan and Penn State among them). Some of those teams have insisted on a two for one type of agreement which is something Clemson is simply not interested in doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Guess you play who you can get. Maybe UF and Tenn just

Jul 30, 2014, 4:27 PM

don't want to schedule us. Why would UF with FSU already on the schedule and Tenn has already scheduled VT and WVU in the near future. Just not interested in putting Clemson on the schedule it appears.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, much more interesting than playing them again

Jul 30, 2014, 4:20 PM

Plus, we don't get any credit for beating them unless they go on to have a great season. Just a no win situation for Clemson, which has bigger dreams than just beating Auburn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 633
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic