Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State of Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,566

State of Florida

Jul 29, 2014, 8:22 PM

With so much success on the recruiting trail there. A lot of bowl appearances down there we have created a pipeline. With all of the florida recruits we have I would be interested to see how we stack up in tv ratings against other out of state schools in the state of florida

Of course UMia, FSU and FLA have the most but I'd bet we're next on that list. Any thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: State of Florida

Jul 29, 2014, 8:32 PM

we have benefited from these two clowns setting up shop down there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2014, 8:39 PM

I don't think Golden is the problem. More the looming death penalty that sent their program into a spiral.

Agreed

Jul 29, 2014, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: State of Florida ]

However, much deeper than that. This hasn't really "just" started. Think Brian Dawkins, Trevor Pryce.

Jul 29, 2014, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: State of Florida ]

"Clowns" ... spot on my friend!!!! LOL

Re: UCF and USF are bigger than UF FSU and UM in terms.

Jul 29, 2014, 8:46 PM

of student population.

FWIW, UCF and USF are bigger than UF FSU and UM in terms

Jul 29, 2014, 8:47 PM

in terms of student population.

Jul 29, 2014, 9:30 PM

Lets not forget that a very lot of our recruiting success out of Fla caught fire with the hiring of Brad Scott as a coach at Clemson. With all the years that Brad spent coaching the offense at Fla.St. He made himself a lot of friends in the HS FB community in the entire state of Florida. Tommy Bowden hiring Brad Scott has really paid off big time for Clemson FB. And the hiring of Dabo and Brad was the best two hires Bowden made at Clemson. After Brad retires, hopefully we will still have Jeff Scott to continue Clemson's good name in the state of very rich FB recruiting....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny Ford actually opened up the pipeline in Florida

Jul 29, 2014, 10:08 PM

Hatfield killed it and TB brought back.

We used to routinely get players out of the Jacksonville area under Danny.

Re: Danny Ford actually opened up the pipeline in Florida

Jul 29, 2014, 10:32 PM

The difference I am seeing now as opposed to under West/Bowden is that nearly every FLA recruit we sign under Dabo is a homerun , and nationally sought after . Think CJ, Sammy , Kyle Parker , Jamie Harper , Mike Bellamy , Travis Blanks and Tony Steward . Throw in what we have committed right now and you see the point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 29, 2014, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Danny Ford actually opened up the pipeline in Florida ]

When discussing Clemson recruiting during this era, Coach Ford got a lot of impact players from both Fla (centering on the Jax area) and from NC as well--Clemson continued to recruit pretty well in the Sunshine St after Coach Ford left, but tailed off precipitously in the Tarheel St....glad to see Clemson's presence in the Old North St is on the upswing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2014, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Danny Ford actually opened up the pipeline in Florida ]

When discussing Clemson recruiting during this era, Coach Ford got a lot of impact players from both Fla (centering on the Jax area) and from NC as well--Clemson continued to recruit pretty well in the Sunshine St after Coach Ford left, but tailed off precipitously in the Tarheel St....glad to see Clemson's presence in the Old North St is on the upswing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...your recruits are belong to us***

Jul 29, 2014, 10:37 PM

The recruits come to SC for the same reason the

Jul 29, 2014, 10:55 PM

retirees from northern states are now "half backs" - they leave Florida and come half way back because it's better in South Carolina.

The players choose Clemson because, well, it's Clemson.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,566
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic