Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another Cole vs Tajh Opinion Because We Don't Have enough
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,422

Another Cole vs Tajh Opinion Because We Don't Have enough

Jul 28, 2014, 11:02 AM

People are focusing on a very small handful of bad plays Tajh made over his entire body of work that includes huge wins over FSU, Auburn twice, LSU, Ohio State (First Orange Bowl Win since the 1981 season)....back to back 11 win seasons...

In all of these threads I am not seeing reference to AE's fumble in the Orange Bowl that flipped the momentum or the fumble from the TE in last year's FSU game on the first perfect pass from Tajh that took the crowd out in the first minute of the game or the 4 turnovers in the second half of the USC game when we were in contention going into the 4th Qtr.....No..it is all Tajh's fault according to many.

Tajh certainly had his share of bone head plays, but I wished he was starting rather than Cole...

Cole I hope plays fantastic...but let us all agree that every game he has played in the game was already we decided and he had ZERO pressure on his back. Let's see how he responds to taking every snap before 90+ Thousand fans in a hostile stadium before we pass judgement or an ugly ACC game against a team like NC State that teams to be more difficult than it should be....

Doesn't Clemson currently hold the longest winning record against against non-ranked teams? It may be a silly stat, but it also indicates that Tajh took care of business. He pretty much exorcised the term "Pulling a Clemson"

Let's face it..Cole is is just drive the car until Watson is ready....Which could be by mid-season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Cole IS ready. Watson probably not. As Tajh was the

Jul 28, 2014, 11:16 AM

starter last year, Cole is the starter this year. Watson will get the mop up duty and have zero pressure on his back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree Cole is Ready...As was Will Proctor...

Jul 28, 2014, 11:21 AM

I just have a problem with bashing Tajh which at the same time people saying that Cole will do all of these wonderful things that Tajh could not do....

Cole will be what Cole is..Hopefully a really good QB.

I don't know if Cole has a "gunslinger" mentality that Tajh has or will be a more "managed" QB from the sideline. Both have their advantages and disadvantages..

you don't want to bash Tajh but it sounds like you are OK

Jul 28, 2014, 11:57 AM

with bashing Cole......blow hard. I'm sorry that last part was uncalled for but it was how I felt

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Explain How I have "Bashed" Cole......

Jul 28, 2014, 12:03 PM

He is an unknown that has played well in mop up duty that has potential to be a good QB....If you call that "bashing" then I am guilty as charged and are quite fine with that.

your comments were generally negative about him and I do

Jul 28, 2014, 12:10 PM

believe that you are fine with it.

Stop evading..How have I bashed Cole?

Jul 28, 2014, 12:15 PM

What is negative about anything I have said?

not evading just not getting sucked into your world, that is

Jul 28, 2014, 12:22 PM

a place I don't want to go. You stated your opinion and I stated mine.....move along

I thought so.....***

Jul 28, 2014, 12:25 PM

OK internet BIG MAN....you have basically insulted the work

Jul 28, 2014, 1:07 PM

that a fine young man has put in for 3+ years by saying that he has done nothing that mattered (because it was "mop up duty") and you aren't giving him any chance by saying that he just needs to hang in there unti midseason when the TF takes over. You just go ahead and be so childish with your "thought so" elementary playground remarks. I think we have both shown a little bit of our character here today and I am fine with that as well.----COOT....lol

Re: OK internet BIG MAN....you have basically insulted the work

Jul 28, 2014, 1:26 PM

"that a fine young man has put in for 3+ years by saying that he has done nothing that mattered (because it was "mop up duty")"

I did say that and was I wrong? He did a fine job in those game...much better that Kelly but was i wrong and how is that bashing?

"..and you aren't giving him any chance by saying that he just needs to hang in there unti midseason when the TF takes over."

I think you need to re look at that

" You just go ahead and be so childish with your "thought so" elementary playground remarks. I think we have both shown a little bit of our character here today and I am fine with that as well.----COOT....lol"

Well...All I asked was for an explanation of your assault on me and you were unwilling...so i pressed you. Calling me a "coot" was cute..... I won't resort to name calling....All I wanted was some clarity in your accusation...You made it a little more difficult than it needed to be.....

Can you explain how I bashed Tajh? Hypocrite?***

Jul 28, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Explain How I have "Bashed" Cole...... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Hypocrisy Only Goes So Far.....

Jul 28, 2014, 3:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbAFgD2mLo

I think we are all getting wound up too tight because we are chomping at the bit to get the season rolling and little silly things are being made into something that they are not..

As a peace offering I offer my apologies....

Truth

Jul 28, 2014, 11:29 AM

Show me a QB that has never made a mistake!?!

Doesn't exist. Even the best of the best have some throws/decisions that they'd like to have do-overs on. A perfect QB does not exist. Boyd made some mistakes, but no more than any other top level QB.

Loooowwwaradamercy.

Jul 28, 2014, 11:32 AM

Nobody ever argued the Cole vs Tajh issue. You guys have created a straw man argument so that no one can contest you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My OP was based on this thread...

Jul 28, 2014, 11:33 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1361828&tstart=30

A lot of assumptions are being made on Cole and a lot of shots are being taken at Tajh....

Yeah, I've kept up with this mess.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:05 PM

I was probably the one who started it but I never intended to disrespect Tajh. You'd have to string all my post together to get the big picture. Taking one out of sequence and context isn't fair to the truth.

With the right skillset one might be able to research the archives and read my original OP on meeting Tajh's cousin. I positive I posted it in the Donor's Den the week it happened.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15583421

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You opened the can of worms...***

Jul 28, 2014, 12:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You opened the can of worms...***

Jul 28, 2014, 3:36 PM

Yeah but the sensitive priks here turned it over on a hot skillet.

Re: Another Cole vs Tajh Opinion Because We Don't Have enough

Jul 28, 2014, 11:39 AM

Cole has got to be the man this year, as good as DW is he still needs to ease into that leader. Playing Watson if he is not ready could be a very bad thing.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:07 PM

He'll run the plays he's mastered. That's what Dabo meant when he said DW would play when he's ready.

Cole is Coach Swinney's QB and Watson is Coach Morris' QB.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:17 PM

It's so easy to see.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2014, 1:20 PM

I don't think that Tajh needs to be defended to anyone in Tiger Nation. And I don't think that I would be so quick to dismiss Cole just yet for Watson either.

Tajh is gone now, and the only thing that should be said about Tajh is that, he left Clemson FB much better than it was when he took over.

Tajh's discipline, his toughness, his dedication, his hard work on and off the field, is the reason that Tajh was able to leave Clemson with 32 wins and only 8 losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post. A lot of USC fans are making

Jul 28, 2014, 3:50 PM

This mistake believing Dylan Thompson is guaranteed to be better than Connor Shaw.

I just don't see it in either circumstance. I would much rather have Shaw as my starter and face Stoudt than Boyd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Does DT have to sit out a year?

Jul 28, 2014, 5:16 PM

What in the world made him transfer to California?

You ruined a great post with the last sentence.***

Jul 28, 2014, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,422
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic