Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ray Ray chances?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 5,724

Ray Ray chances?

Jul 27, 2014, 8:23 PM

He announces at 6:30 tomorrow. Ray Ray, come'on down man. You could be a huge part of something special.

This offense can get your talent showcased for that next level!

#WeTooDeep

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida

Jul 27, 2014, 8:28 PM

I will give us 10% just because he could have a change of heart and you never really know. But all indications are Florida. He may open it back up if UF really struggles early this year.

Other than closer to home, why Florida?

Jul 28, 2014, 2:01 PM

It just doesn't make sense. He'll never be heard from again with that pathetic offense.

Even if he chooses UF, i feel there's a good chance they'll

Jul 27, 2014, 8:31 PM

be a coaching change...don't see how UF can have that great of a season. Come NSD, he may still be ours...

I feel as good about McCloud as you can any 17 year old.

Jul 27, 2014, 8:32 PM

Hope FlorIda didn't sway him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6:30 pm?***

Jul 27, 2014, 8:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 6:30 pm?***

Jul 27, 2014, 8:39 PM

Yes. The recent news links have stated that time.

I'm hoping he chooses The University Of Clemson

Jul 27, 2014, 8:41 PM

but if I had to bet I'd say it's The University Of Florida.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Ray Ray chances?

Jul 27, 2014, 9:24 PM

All the tea leaves point in another direction. He may choose Clemson, but I wouldn't bet more than a couple of bucks on it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2014, 10:29 PM

Tiger Lock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

50:50***

Jul 27, 2014, 10:32 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: 50:50***

Jul 27, 2014, 11:33 PM

Inside scoop says it will be TIGERS???
Best friends with Deon, we will just have to wait and see

The Deon Effect

Jul 27, 2014, 11:39 PM

Ray Ray to UF is pretty much set

My concern really is the effect this will have on Deon

UF staff PLUS Ray Ray in Deon's ear will be very tough

UF Rivals site strongly feels they will sway Deon to Gainsville before NSD

UF having a poor season may change things, etc

But the same goes for Clemson, who potentially could have a 4 loss season as well

The BIGGER story tomorrow will be Deon's reaction to Ray Ray if he indeed commits to UF.

Re: The Deon Effect

Jul 28, 2014, 7:01 PM

Ray Ray to Florida still set?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mark it down. ..Florida***

Jul 28, 2014, 7:27 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: mark it down. ..Florida***

Jul 28, 2014, 7:28 AM

i would not bet your left one on that if i was you.

mark it down. ..Clemson***

Jul 28, 2014, 7:34 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: mark it down. ..Clemson***

Jul 28, 2014, 7:39 AM

The clues they think they have in his statements make them believe Fla. I believe Dabo and Tony Elliot have worked hard on Ray Ray and I give us a squared chance here.

DB23

updated this am...

Jul 28, 2014, 8:00 AM

McCloud to pick a college Monday

By Zach Abolverdi
Correspondent

Published: Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, July 28, 2014 at 12:08 a.m.
It's decision time for Ray-Ray McCloud III.

The four-star running back from Tampa Sickles announces his college choice today at 6:30 p.m. on Bright House Sports Network.

The Under Armour All-American is a consensus top-200 prospect and ranked 26th nationally by Rivals. His finalists are Clemson, Florida, Maryland and UCLA, all schools he visited in June.

The Gators got one last crack at McCloud when he attended their annual Friday Night Lights showcase, where the coaches talked to him about what his role would be with the team.

“Just in the spread, being a playmaker and just utilizing me in a lot of different ways — in the backfield, in the slot, out wide and special teams,” McCloud said.

The 5-foot-9, 176-pounder also talked with a couple of UF players from his area during the event.

“I'm real close to Dante Fowler and Vernon Hargreaves,” he said. “They were just talking to me, telling me to make my own decision, don't let anybody make it for me.”

McCloud made three trips to Gainesville in the spring. Did Friday's visit help Florida in any way?

“A little bit,” he said. “Not too much, because I kind of knew everything and talked to coach (Will) Muschamp a lot anyway.

“But I did see that the team is closer than I thought. They're family-oriented.”

McCloud said his own family will factor into his decision. UF is the only in-state school he's considering, and playing close to him would be ideal for his parents.

“I have a big family, so it has a factor,” he said. “But at the end day, it's a business decision for the next three, four or five years. My parents know that.”

UCLA has reportedly emerged as the biggest threat to Florida for McCloud because of his relationship with Bruins coach Jim Mora.

“It's actually real tight,” he said. “I talk to him at least once a week, him and coach (Noel) Mazzone.”

Although McCloud is ready to make a decision, he won't end his recruiting process entirely after committing.

“I'm not going to shut everything out, because things happen,” he said. “You don't want to be lost. Coaches can go to different places. You still have relationships with coaches from other schools, so if things like that happen, you want to have, not a Plan B, but a safe side.”

As for Monday's announcement, McCloud's deciding factors are simple.

“Just my heart, my gut feeling and just my comfort level in the offense,” he said.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20140727/articles/140729637?

i know people mention cain as being close, but ray-ray already has fowler & hargreaves from the tampa bay area on campus at uf.

and hats off to mora at ucla, he's building something it seems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: updated this am...

Jul 28, 2014, 8:09 AM

What I take from that is hearing how he wanted to see how they stacked up against Clemson's atmosphere in the close-knit aspect.
Still think we are right there for this kid.

DB23

We never win when it comes down to "..a business decision."***

Jul 28, 2014, 8:11 AM [ in reply to updated this am... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: updated this am...

Jul 28, 2014, 1:53 PM [ in reply to updated this am... ]

What I read in this article is that he's committing to Florida, and will keep other options open, in case they have a bad season and lose some coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Jul 28, 2014, 8:14 AM

TCI reporting that its 50/50 between Clemson and Florida as of Sunday night.

Jul 28, 2014, 8:19 AM

THINK I WILL GO WITH THE CLEMSON 50. LOL

Jul 28, 2014, 1:06 PM

I haven't a clue, but my gut says Florida. Just hope we don't lose Hines as well.

Who?***

Jul 28, 2014, 1:38 PM

Clemson

Jul 28, 2014, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Ray Ray chances? ]

Your Chickens are not in the running for Ray Ray.

null

No worries, guy! Lookie here!

Jul 28, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Ray Ray chances? ]

http://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Elite-playmaker-commits-Clemson-16537

Clemson

Jul 28, 2014, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Ray Ray chances? ]

Your gut still says Florida?

Jul 28, 2014, 6:59 PM

100%?

Replies: 29
| visibility 5,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic